Sunday, 1 August 2010

Sentimental Sundays #14 DT - Switching it up a bit!

Hey ho! It’s my favourite day of the week again! Yep, it’s Sunday and time for another Sentimental Sundays challenge ;).

This week we are switching things up a bit and trying a new style or a new technique.

Taking part in the challenge is eaaaasy! All you need to do is to create a new project that includes a sentiment, follows the theme and…that’s it! As always there is a fab freebie set of digital sentiments for grabs and if you want to see more of Ann’s fab digi word art creations, hop over to Whimsy Stamps!

Moving on to my creation... I based my card on the sketch from Everybody Art Challenge #101:


And here's my card....:


For this week’s challenge I wanted to try an easel card as I haven’t tried one of those for AGES! And I also wanted to try to work with….flowers ;-). What’s new or unusual about the latter you may ask? Well, I have seen so many absolutely stunning cards generously sprinkled with flowers… And, you may be surprised, but I really struggle with cards like this… I am never 100% happy with the way I layer the flowers… but apparently practice makes perfect, so I will just have to keep on trying and torture you with an occasional post documenting my progress…lol!



This card is already in the post travelling to my brother-in-law and his wife to help them celebrate their wedding anniversary ;-))).



I used a recipe from Stampin' for the weekend with 3 DP's (all K&Co, 2 in the main background and third used for matting the vintage image), 2 Flowers (I've got a just a couple more than 2...I hope this will still count lol!) 1 Ribbon some Gems or Charms.

I also used lots of Vintage Photo distress ink, my fav swirlies stamped with Sepia Archival, beautiful and delicate lace and ribbon and some pearly dangly bits (my gems). Oh, and of course, flowers!


The French ticket and the second sentiment are both designed by Raindrop Echo for Whimsy Stamps.


Please have a look at the rest of the DT creations, they are absolutely gorgeous! Hope you can join us in this week’s challenge ;).

Ps. If I am a bit quiet today that’s because my and my hubby are going on a balloon flight – our anniversary treat ;)))). Keep your fingers crossed so the weather is nice as we were sooooo looking forward to watching the sun set from the sky…..

Thanks for stopping by and have a lovely Sunday!


Challenges for this card:
Challenge Up Your Life #26 - Celebrations
Paper Romance #9 - Celebrations
Quixotic Challenge #34: Colour Combo - Brown, Pink & Blue
Everybody Art Challenge #101 - Sketch
Sunday Stampers #104 - Something Old, Something New Edited: and Artistic Stamper - I got a bit confused here with what to link and where...lol! I hope it still counts...? ;-)
Wild Orchid Challenge #2 - Lovely lace
Your Next Stamp Challenge #21 - Easel card
Stampin' for the weekend #43 - Recipe

18 comments:

Annika said...

You could never tell that you're struggling with flowers! It's stunning and you REALLY rock the vintage style!!
Hugs
Annika

Carol Q said...

doesn't look like you struggled to me either. gorgeous card Joanna, just the type I like to make! LOL

Susan Allan said...

Your card is so, so pretty.
You can't have too many flowers.
It is a fantastic card for an anniversary !!
They are sure to love it.
Enjoy your flight, lucky you.
I expect you will have Champagne.

Sue xxx

Hels Sheridan said...

Gorgeous card hun,thanks for joiningin with the SUnday sTamper

Tracy Evans said...

Gorgeous card, beautifully put together and I love the flowers, so romantic, so perfect for an anniversary card, they will love it. Enjoy the balloon flight, it will be fantastic. Tracy x

Kimberly S said...

This is beautiful Joanna! From the vintage image to the lace and flowers, every bit of it is perfect. :)

Wow, enjoy that flight and what should be a fantastic sunset!

stempelhexe said...

Woow, what a beautiful card, it is perfect.

Greetings
Ulla

Gunn (Merete) said...

This is so beautiful.Love the vintage style, you done wonder to this card. Your flowers are great.
I sooo love this one.
Thanks for joining us at SFTW.

Cheryl said...

Wow! This is gorgeous! You did a fabulous job with the flowers.

debby4000 said...

This is so gorgeous.
luv
Debby

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Your flowers look perfect! Love this easel card, it is wonderful!

Ali H said...

Very charming vintage ! Love the easel style - really shows off your work beautifully !

Kate's Makes said...

This is absolutely stunning! So pretty :o) Thanks for taking part in the SFTW challenge and good luck :o) Kate x

Minxy said...

gorgeous card indeed, a perfect blend of old and new.
Thanks for joining in with the ASCTC and good luck
hugs Minxy

Netty said...

Fabulous card, Annette x

Ruby said...

A whole easel card of pure yumminess!! Stunning as ever Joanna!

craftytrog said...

Stunning card! x

Jennie said...

Gorgeous card, and thank you for joining in our Artistic Stamper challenge :))

.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... All content, except where stated (including text, photographs and designs), is copyright of Asia King (Creative Spell Designs). I share my artwork for personal inspiration only. I don’t mind if you copy any of my designs for your own personal use, providing you give me credit by referring to my blog. You may not however copy my designs and photographs for contests and publications entries (online or otherwise) or to sell in either handmade or printed form. You may not copy my designs and photographs for advertising & commercial purposes, without my prior permission. Thank you for your understanding.
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Craft Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory blog button flower Photobucket Crafty Blogs

Let's Tweet!

Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 Under a creative spell, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena