Sunday, 29 August 2010

Sentimental Sundays #18 DT - time for CAS

Hello my blogging Friends!

I’m back!!!! ;-) Just in time for a new Sentimental Sundays challenge ;). I hope you missed me because I missed you loads!!! ;).

This week’s challenge is sooooo outside my comfort zone, so far in fact that it would be like from here (UK) to Poland (where I went on holiday). And back! Lol ;). The theme is CAS, clean and simple that is. Which is not normally my thing, is it…?

My creation was inspired by Moxie Trigger light & bright photo:




I wanted my card to be light & bright, as it seemed right for a CAS design, so I used white and pink colours with silvery sparkly accents and a lovely softy paper, just like the carpet from the picture...

I used the sketch from the Clean and simple stamping #105 although I moved the scalloped border to the bottom of the card:



And here’s the fruit of my efforts:




I have recently got completely hooked on the idea of recycling anything I can think of / things that I have been meaning to throw away for ages. Why? Well, have a look in here. This is a blog of my new blogging Friend Sue Allan who does some absolutely mesmerising things out of…well, everything really! This, if you think about it, is really the core of crafty art, the art of creativity! She is definitely my “recycling” Guru!





The paper I used is a wrapping from a present that I got from my family in Poland. I just loooove the hammered effect and the soft feeling of it which close up looks really lush, especially on the Cuttlebug embossed leaves…








And the flowers… well, this is my first attempt to the tissue paper flowers. And the tissue paper comes from….yes, that’s right! Another present I was given lol ;-)))).

The sentiment is of course by Ann Raindrop Echo for Whimsy Stamps. By the way, as with every Sentimental challenge, there is a lovely set of free sentiments for grabs, designed by Ann. And if you’d like to shop for more, pop over to Whimsy Stamps.




The card was embellished with a few sparkly jewels and…I had to ask my hubby to drag me away from the table to stop adding more otherwise the CAS idea would be out the window! rofl :).

I do hope you can join in with this week’s challenge. And don’t forget to check out the creations crafted by the rest of DT – they are simply FABULOUS!

Sunday hugs to everyone!








Challenges for this card:
Quixotic Challenge #38 - Shiny Happy People! (shiny, sparkly jewels)
Wild Orchid Challenge #4 - Make it sparkle (as above)
Moxie Tuesday Trigger - Light & bright
Stampin For The Weekend #45 – Anything goes
Totally Papercrafts Challenge #31 - Clean and simple
Crafty Emma's Store #1 - Anything goes
Clean and simple stamping #105 - Sketch

14 comments:

Vicky said...

WOW....what a gorgeous card, that paper is delicious I couldn't stop looking & drooling actually lol. For someone who doesn't do clean & simple this is beautiful.
Thanks for joining us at CES Challenge.

Hugs Vicky xx

Tracy Evans said...

Simply stunning, I love those tissue flowers and it looks like you are on your road to recycling, your creation is gorgeous. Have a lovely day, Tracy Evans x

Susan (peebsmama) said...

How fun that you turned the sketch to make your pretty card. Great roses.

Linda Robinson said...

It is so good to have you back.. I missed you. but every time I saw your icon at the bottom of my page I would think... She must be having a wonderful Holiday..

Your card is Beautiful (as always) I just love that flower.. Well done!

Hugs, Linda

Kim said...

Joanna this is beautiful hun! WOW gorgeous work and great job with the recycling! Love that idea! Thanks for joining us at WOC!
Hugs~ Kim

Maureen Morton said...

Joanna - what a lovely card and unique take on the Trigger. I especially love those flowers!

joey said...

Oh my Gosh this is absolutely gorgeous, I love the embossed piece running through and those flowers, awww just perfect! thanks forjoining us at tpc. Joey.x

Cheryl said...

Gorgeous! I love the flowers.

Kimberly S said...

Yep, you always have something amazing being created! Simply beautiful Joanna, love everything about this card! :)

Sue said...

Hi ya
wow beautiful card, very classy, luv the flowers,Totally Papercrafts this week, hope to see you next week, & CES first challenge,sue,x

Ceal said...

wow what a Gorgeous card! love all the details and recycling

Emma said...

A beautiful card and such gorgeous colours.
Thanks for joining us at CES Challenges / Totally Papercrafts and good luck.
Hugs Emma x

susan r. opel said...

Hey Joanna! What a lovely approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks so much for playing along! :)

Nickname unavailable said...

Absolutely fabulous. I love everything about it, the embossing, those gorgeous flowers, the paper (please can I have some?) and the sentiment. Well everything!
I'm off to have a play making flowers now.
Love Sheila
(Now in Cyprus but originally from Oxfordshire)

.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... All content, except where stated (including text, photographs and designs), is copyright of Asia King (Creative Spell Designs). I share my artwork for personal inspiration only. I don’t mind if you copy any of my designs for your own personal use, providing you give me credit by referring to my blog. You may not however copy my designs and photographs for contests and publications entries (online or otherwise) or to sell in either handmade or printed form. You may not copy my designs and photographs for advertising & commercial purposes, without my prior permission. Thank you for your understanding.
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Craft Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory blog button flower Photobucket Crafty Blogs

Let's Tweet!

Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 Under a creative spell, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena