Sunday, 5 September 2010

One, two, three! - DT Sentimental Recipe Mix ;)

One, two, three – it’s me!!! And it’s Sunday again! And you know what that means… - it’s time for Sentimental Sundays challenge #19 ;-).

This week we are testing our lovely participants with the following recipe: one solid paper, two patterned and three embellishments ;). Hop over to the challenge page to grab this week’s set of free digi sentiments designed by Ann Vento for Whimsy Stamps and visit all DTs blogs for deets about their fabulous creations.

By the way, for those you have not yet heard, on September 8th, Whimsy Stamps will be introducing new custom rubber stamps. On September 8th, you can visit this page to find all the available designs!

Although it’s only the beginning of September, it's already started to feel a bit…autumnal, don’t you think? But that’s OK because I LOVE autumn and its lush colours, they make me feel so warm and cosy and mellow…;) In the evenings that is. Because in the daytime don’t you just feel like having a jolly good leaf fight, like the old times ??? Or maybe not so much of the old times as I suddenly realised lol ;). I just remembered one of my scrapbook layouts from a wonderful walk my hubby and I went for last autumn…







And you do recognize this picture…? ;)))



Now onto my card for the challenge:




When I saw the new inspiration photo from the Play Date Café Challenge #45, my heart was signing “autumn yeah, yeah, yeah” straight away...





And as one of my favourite quotes is Albert Camus’ famous "Autumn is a second spring where every leaf is a flower”, I wanted to reflect this in my design… The bird cage was embossed with a copper embossing powder. And there is a LOT of my favourite distress inks there for a vintage, distressed look of the theme. I used a masking technique to achieve "layers" of leaves, ready and waiting for a leaf fight lol!




I decorated the big rose with glitter glue, I love how this little trick just changes the look of this lovely flower.



And the leaves are just normal artificial foliage, reused from our old wedding decorations lol ;), painted with bronze and copper acrylic paints. Pure yumminess ;). The cutie birdie is by 7 Gypsies. If you'd like to know the full list of the stamps, please let me know ;)



That’s all for now my friends. Enjoy your Sunday, hopefully still in a sunny glow. Maybe go for a walk to look for the first signs of autumn – if you do, make sure to let me know your findings ;) And don’t forget to join us for this week’s challenge!



Toodle pip!









Challenges for this card:
PDCC #45 - colour challenge
Sunday Stampers #119 - All kinds of everything
GC #66 - Paint
Your Next StampChallenge #24 - Anything goes
Stampin' for the weekend #46 - Shabby or vintage
Simon Says Stamp - Layers
Woopsi Daisy Sept challenge - Flowers
ColourQ #48 - Colour challenge (a small hint of bermuda blue is in the background paper ;) )
Wild Orchid #4 - Make it sparkle

25 comments:

bearkis said...

Прекрасни композиции,много ме впечатлиха,чудесни тонове!!!ПОЗДРАВИ!

Nigel said...

Beautiful card, the backgrounds glows like the autumn sun through the leaves.
Another lover of Autumn here. The first leaves turned to yellow a couple of weeks ago, and there's that certain 'something' in the air too. Just waiting for the rest of the leaves to change now.

Hels Sheridan said...

Gorgeous LO and Card, loving those colours! Thanks for joinin in with the SUnday Stamper x

LynneForsythe said...

What a beautiful card!!! You have captured this wonderful time of year with your layers of leaves!! AWESOME!!

thanks bunches for playing along with the Design Teamies and Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge!!

Carol Q said...

lovely layout and card Joanne. Your colours really sum up autum. your slicing up of the photos makes the layout really interesting to look at

Sylvia said...

Beautiful card, Joanna! Thanks for playing the CQC!

Lisa Somerville said...

Wonderful use of photos in your first project. FAB entry for the PDCC, beauttiful fall inspired project!

Kimberly S said...

What a wonderful layout, and a stunning card in the colors of Fall! I never would have thought to use the deep plum colored rose, and it looks amazing! :)

Sue West said...

Your card is just so beautiful, I love those autumnal colours.

Tracy Evans said...

Lovely layout and card, very Autumnal, I love it. I love Autumn for all the rustic colours and like you the leaves, both pieces are beautifully created. Tracy Evans x

Annika said...

One thing I miss about my home country is the abundance of autumn colours. Ireland doesn't really have frosty nights early enough so everything just gradually becomes grey and wintery.
Your card in it's deep rick colours and elaborate stamping really won my heart. Beautiful!
Hugs
Annika

Faye said...

Joanna, this is so gorgeous. Love the flower.

Andrea Ewen said...

Beautiful! Love that embossed shimmery birdcage and all those wonderful fall colors! Thanks for playing along with us this week at the Play Date Cafe!

Helen said...

I love this, how gorgeous. Funnily enough I had some extra copies of some photos given me and I was going to do something similar, but this looks incredible!!!

Ann English said...

Joanna,
I just adore your work! You are so true to who you are. Your designs are amazing, colors always perfect! Love, love, LOVE what you do!!!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Can't tell you how much I love these projects, fall is my favorite season of the year, I just so love the feel of it, I see beautiful foliage already on your project. And of course I recoqnize that familiar Joanna there! Have a great week my friend! It's good to "see" you again!

JeanFB said...

Gorgeous autumn projects! I'm totally ready for fall, too! :)

dj1952 said...

Beautiful card. I really like the colors you've distressed with. I've seen the technique with the lifted sentiment, but I'm not sure how it's done. You did an awesome job. I haven't entered my card yet, but hope to later today. If you get a chance stop by and see it. Hugs.

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful card! Love all the details you built into the card. Lovely Plummy flower.

Linda Robinson said...

What a beautiful card.. I just love those colors. This sounds like a fun challenge. If I get some time I just might have to play along..

I just love that photo of you..

Hugs, Linda

Sarah Anderson said...

So, so beautiful Joanne. I especially love the photo of the card with the close up of the rose. I love walking through woodland at this time of year, and kicking up leaves and fighting with them. Great memories, and I love your scrapbook layout. thanks for hangin' out at the caff with us today :)

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

Love how you did your sentiment--so fun! I love your take on our colors--this is a beautiful card--lots of DETAIL! LOVE IT! Thanks for playing along and joining in the fun at the PDCC:)

Cheryl said...

Wow! How did I miss this last week? The scrapbook page is wonderful. I love, love, love how you did it! Your card is lovely. Sorry I missed this last week.

Sue Lelli said...

That technique you used on the scrapbook pics is just FABULOUS! It may show up on a future LO for me!!! And your card is so WONDERFUL! LOVE how you masked and stacked the leaves and love the POP of plum with the rose! Sounds like you conjured up a lot of happy memories by the sounds of your comments!

Heidi-Mari said...

Sunning card
Love the flowers and the papers are great!
Beautiful pictures too.
Thank you for joining us at Stampin for the Weekend
Blessings
Heidi-Mari

.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... All content, except where stated (including text, photographs and designs), is copyright of Asia King (Creative Spell Designs). I share my artwork for personal inspiration only. I don’t mind if you copy any of my designs for your own personal use, providing you give me credit by referring to my blog. You may not however copy my designs and photographs for contests and publications entries (online or otherwise) or to sell in either handmade or printed form. You may not copy my designs and photographs for advertising & commercial purposes, without my prior permission. Thank you for your understanding.
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Craft Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory blog button flower Photobucket Crafty Blogs

Let's Tweet!

Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 Under a creative spell, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena