Sunday, 6 February 2011

Love is in the air...;) - and that's my cup of tea!

I would not normally consider it but this week I had to combine my DT entries... Too much to do, too little time as they say...plus I am trying to reduce the amount of typing because of my misbehaving paw... Let me tell ya, that pain in my hand is a real pain in my....errr, other part of my body lol ;))))


Anyway, as my project is quite "complex" lol, I hope this will compensate for mine cheekiness with combining my DT duties ;)))

Also, I am having a bit of a trouble with a letter "n" on my keyboard, it does't always work... well, I did say it does't always work, did't I ;) ??? So although I try to spell check the text before publishing, apologies in advance if I miss anything...

****************************

Firstly, we are feeling lots love in the air at Let's Ink It Up with our Valentines/Romance theme. Remember no digi images are allowed, only pure traditional hand stamping! And a few words about our lovely sponsors...

Sponsor 1 - Whiff of Joy Stamps, who specializes in natural, deeply etched red rubber stamps, die cuts and other card making goodies.



...offering a Rubber Stamp Willow with champagne




Sponsor 2 - Mad For Markers -  offering a set of three markers, a pack of A6 Xpress It card and a Copic swatch book.


Mad for Markers is a home based WEBSTORE with the aim of supplying Copics and accessories (paper, inks etc) at reasonable prices to crafters/ artists in Australia and New Zealand.

****************************
And at Sentimental Sundays we are also celebrating Valentine's Day and all romantic occassions ;)

The lucky winner will be forever enjoying the fabulous word art designed by Raindrop Echo for Whimsy Stamps and we have a second lovely sponsor this week - Deedee's Digis :). 

****************************

Now the moment you all have (I hope lol!) been waiting for.... Let me present my Valentine's card for my wonderfully hubby ;))) And as he is so wonderfull he deserves a very special card ;).


The front was based on the project by Kim Costello from the Craft Stamper with her absolutely gorgeous tea cup stamp. I just love it, it's such a fab design! The sentiment was stamped with a set of tiny letters (I love them, too and have somehow now started to grow a collection....note to self - must use them more often lol!). I used a selection of free papers from crafty magazines and K&Co papers. 


The inside was based on another project from the Craft Stamper, this time by Debbie Dolphin. My DH has got a really sweet tooth, and for being a real sweetie himself, I just HAD to incorporate something suitably...errr..sweet! So the little box hides away 2 home baked and hand decorated heart shaped biscuits ;).


The panel on the left is my real triumph of re/up-cycling ;) The "hot stuff " stuff comes from a tea/coffee cup I saved from the ferry on our way back from Poland. When I saw it I instantly knew what I was going to use it for, how's that for planning ahead! The two colour design has allowed me to "de-coupage" some letters for added interest. And I really love the fluffy feel of those cups, they are soooo nice to touch.... If anyone is interested where to get them from, it was a ferry from Dover to Dunkerque...:).


The tag/label is also a real one - I have four of them from my last clothes shopping trip. I just covered it with patterned papers, added some stamping with TH stamps and hid a sweet message inside  - for my hubby's eyes only, before you ask lol ;)

Well, that's all my friends. Make sure you pop over to Let's Ink It Up and Sentimental Sundays to see all of the romantic inspiration there and....share some love! Hope you can join us in this sweet romantic bonanza!

I would like to enter the following challenges:

Cards for Men #3 - Love/Valentine
Bunny Zoe's Crafts #8 - Love is in the air
City Crafter Challege Blog #42 - All you need is love
Card Makin' Mammas Challenge #14 - Valentines
Mami Doodles #19 - The magic of love
Polka Doodle #5 - With hearts
The Artistic Stamper Feb '11 - All things love
Simon Says Stamp - Love is in the air
Simon Says Stamp and Show...some love
Stampin' for the weekend #3 - Valentine's Day
Polki scrapuja kartki #41 - Walentynki
Wild Orchid Challenge #16 - Love



30 comments:

Shirl said...

I also have been neglecting my blogging buddies Joanna but I see you are still producing beautiful creations. Hubby will treasure this card ... or you will ... love the hot stuff sentiment in the middle. My card for Andrew looks kind of boring now but not making another it will have to do. Hope your hand gets better soon
Hugs Shirley x x

Carol Q said...

he's obviously a very loved husband Joanne. a lot of work but I bet you really enjoyed it. It's just gorgeous!

Dorcas said...

Love those teacups, Joanna!! Awesome job. Its quite the project, must've taken you ages!!

Kimberly S said...

Fabulous creation Joanna! There's always so much dimension to your work, and I bet your hubby will just love this. :)

Saskia said...

Beautiful card! Lovely to see your work at Polkadoodles! Thanks for joining us and good luck!

Saskia :)

Papertrails by a paper lover said...

Love the teacups stacked and in different patterns. Your hubby will cherish this card! Have a great week! :-). Amy

Nigel said...

That is a wonderful card, and I hope he realises how lucky he is.

I hope your hand gets better soon, although after all that typing I think it might need to rest for a week :p

Dragonlady said...

Hi Joanna

Stunning work, your hubby will adore it. Great recycling too. I have enjoyed working with you and look foward to seeing some more fab creations. BTW hope your hand gets better soon.

Hugs Ali x

Tammy (LaDiva) said...

Ok I am french Joanna so...what other part of your body IS in pain !?!?!?? Hahahahaha

Lucky hubby wow!!! This is stunning!!! Very *chic* but manly at the same time! Awesome work!!! Take care of those hands and.....

Hugzzzz
Tammy xox

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Sorry to hear that you are in pain, hugs....

This is an amazing project Joanna, of course it is, every time you create something, it is always beautiful and unique, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

Claire said...

Stunning project Joanna, I love the little tea cup stamp and your recycling is amazing :-)
I bet your hubby will treasure it
I hope your paw is better soon
hugs
Claire xx

Rica said...

Fabulous creation Joanna, perfect for a male valentine......love the teacup image and fantastic detailing.

So glad you could join us at the Simon Says Stamp challenge,
hugs
Heather xx

Brenda Brown said...

What a fabulous project Joanna, love the concept and the execution, brilliant job.
Have a great week.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Linda R. said...

I always love to see your projects.. You always put so much love into your work.. I just love this one.. Those teacups are adorable.. Your hubby is going to love this..

I do hope your hand is feeling better soon!!

Hugs, Linda

Ros said...

Love it Joanna ... really special ... thanks for sharing at CCCB

Cheryl said...

Oh wow! Another gorgeous creation! I love the colors and paper piecing! Sorry to hear about your hand. I hope you are feeling better soon.

Cheryl Nelson said...

So sorry you are experiencing pain! BIG HUGS!
Your creation couldn't be more fabulous!

Cindy Gay said...

That card for your husband is great inside and out. Very creative--he will love it!

nicoleqmullen said...

This is superb Joanna, your hubby is a lucky guy!!

Susan Allan said...

You have done an amazing job there, Joanna.
It is a fantastic idea to put real biscuits inside! Yum, yum!
A really superb project!
Sue xx

elsi67 said...

Lovely!! Thanks for playing with us at WOC ♥

Tameko said...

Absolutely beautiful. What a neat project!

Nannieflash said...

Fabulous image and a gorgeous card. Thanks for joining is at CFM, good luck with the challenge. with hugs Shirleyxx

Ashley Lydia said...

wow what a great project I love everything about it! glad you could join us over at Polkadoodles.
Ashley

This N That said...

yup, I love it. everything about it! LOVE! Thanks for being our valentine at Card Makin Mamas!

Alicia said...

Joanna this is a gorgeous creation!! Wow, I bet your hubby is just going to love it : )
Love your up-cycled bits and pieces.
Alicia xx

Val said...

Hi Joanna

TH at Artsycrafts - I am staying overnight on the Thursday - can't be bothered to drive home that night (at least 3 hours or so). Are you driving up on the day or the day before.

Hugs
Valxx

Tammy (LaDiva) said...

Hi Joanna, I left a little something for you on my blog, hope you will accept xox

Tammy

Minxy said...

Cool gift idea
Thanks for playing along with the ASCT Challenge this month, Best of Luck x

kim-paperbabe said...

WOW Joanna what a fabulous way to combine the inspiration in Craft Stamper, I'm so pleased tee hee! Your paper piecing is magnificent and the inside is stunning!
I will be at the Tim Holtz on the friday so might see you there :)
Thanks
HuGs Kim :)

.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... All content, except where stated (including text, photographs and designs), is copyright of Asia King (Creative Spell Designs). I share my artwork for personal inspiration only. I don’t mind if you copy any of my designs for your own personal use, providing you give me credit by referring to my blog. You may not however copy my designs and photographs for contests and publications entries (online or otherwise) or to sell in either handmade or printed form. You may not copy my designs and photographs for advertising & commercial purposes, without my prior permission. Thank you for your understanding.
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Craft Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory blog button flower Photobucket Crafty Blogs

Let's Tweet!

Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 Under a creative spell, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena