Friday, 3 August 2012

Summer 'refreshments' with zesty Agapanthus

Hello Friends! Asia, here ☺ with my new BlogStar post


Did you like all the fabulous Stampendous inspiration last month during the Citrus challenge? I am still in the citrus 'climate' and I hope the project I am sharing today will get your creative juices flowing (literally!) :).


Bright citrus colours have got ‘summer’ written all over – and it’s my favourite time of year. Strangely enough, this theme has been quite a challenge for me as here in the UK we were slowly forgetting what summer was like . In April some official people had this idea that we were at serious risk of drought as we didn’t get enough rain over winter. As a result, they announced a ‘hose pipe ban’. It’s been raining almost non-stop ever since – sigh….


For this project you will need:

Other supplies: Plain cardstock and patterned papers, floral/leafy embossing folders, Sizzix Movers & Shapers L Die - Tag & Bookplates, Orange Peel Stickles, Peeled Paint and Spiced Marmalade distress inks, Lemon Zest Glimmer Mist, paper doily, ribbons and flowers to embellish.
For full instructions on how I made the card, hop over to the Stampendous blog :).



I really the way the card has turned out, especially how the embossing complements the stamped images.


I really miss being on holiday... oh, we has such an amazing time! The place and the lake where we were staying was breath-takingly beautiful...



 

Hmmm, I think I fancy some zesty lemonade now... lol ;). 

Till next time! 
Big hugs







Challenges for this card:
4 Crafty Chicks #100 - Distressing
Art Impression Stamps #74 - Stitching or fabric
CASE Study - Signature Style
Crafty Ribbons Challenge - Spots and dots
Paper Crafting Journey - Anything goes
Paperplay Challenges #31 - Layer it up
Moving Along With the Times #157 - Summer
Deconstructed Sketch - Sketch no 63





29 comments:

Netty said...

Gorgeous citrus palette, loving your fabulous card, x

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Wow! Such a stunning card, I absolutely love the citrus colours and the ribbons and flowers are gorgeous, beautiful piccies too, I'm glad you had a nice time, it just hits hard when you get home then doesn't it
Lindsay xx

Joanna said...

Piękna kartka Asia :) Kolory i stemple, dodatki, bardzo mi się podobją :) Nad jeziorem - pięknie :)

Carol Q said...

LOVE the citrusy colours Joanna. - so cheerful,makes up for our lack of summer lol

Astrid Maclean said...

Stunning, really love the way the ribbon curls, so elegant!

ewinka said...

Piękna,energetyczna kartka :)))

Buttons said...

Gosh! That hits you between the eyes and draws you in! Glorious card. By the way, well done on your Stamp Man Summer Colours win :) Hugs, Buttons x

Wendy L said...

Beautiful card.. colours are gorgeous. xxxx

scrappymo! said...

Lovely colours, beautiful design...great card!

Darnell J Knauss said...

Amazing! Your card looks like a beautiful wedding bouquet!! And thanks for sharing your stunning holiday photos!

BEARKIS said...

I love the citrus colours and your cards!!!:))

Ros Crawford said...

Stunning card ... love the design ... and I know what you mean about the weather ... sheesh! Your photos looks lovely ... so relaxing ..

Hrabinka Anna said...

no kochana, "ales" zakrecila wstazkani na froncie kartki, kolory:)... calosc super

Ellie said...

Gorgeous card, I LOVE the colors you've used here, so clean and summary!

Brenda Brown said...

Truly truly fabulous Joanna. Love the stamp and colours and of course your wonderful way of putting everything together.

Lisa S. said...

I love the stamp you used and the colors are brilliant together. Your card leaps off the computer screen and definitely beckons a closer look. Beautiful card Joanna!
Holidays are never long enough, are they. :(
Hugs,
Lisa

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A wonderful card, love the fresh colors.

Janny Jager 't Hooft said...

Lovely card with beautiful colors Joanna
A real summer card.

Greetings Janny

Sue said...

Wow! Oh this is gorgeous Asia! what a beautiful design and layout! I love those pretty papers and stunning embellishments - the ribbons and flowers are just stunning! The colours are so wonderful and perfect for a Summer's Card!
Thanks for joining us at MAWTT for my 'Summer' theme and Good Luck in the Challenge!
Hugs Sue xx

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

How gorgeous!! So much to look at on this card, I love how you combined stamping and embossing! Thanks so much for linking up to the CASE Study challenge!

Renlymats World of Family & Crafts said...

What a pretty card. I love the flower cluster and the little lady bug. Thanks for joining us at Art Impressions this week. Hope we see you again soon.
Renee

Tamie said...

Sweet creation! I love both kinds of distressing you used on your card. Thank you so much for sharing it with us at 4 Crafty Chicks.

Vicky said...

Gorgeous card, I love the zesty colours. Thanks you for joining us with our Anything goes challenge at Papercrafting Journey

hugs Vicky xxx

Nicie Ibarra said...

Hi Asia, you have a beautiful blog!!! You also have gorgeous works of art!!! Saw your link on the Art for Art Sake Facebook page.

Nicie Ibarra

Beth aka BR-T said...

Oh my gosh this is astounding so glad I stopped by a new blog today!

Leanne said...

Thank you for playing our Distressing challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks!WTG!

Debby said...

Such lovely subtle colours. Thanks for joining us at CASE study this week :)

Jean Martin said...

Oh wow stunning! Beautiful combination of elements! Thanks for joining us on our first week of our 2nd Year Anniversary Blog Hop! :)

Lorraine A said...

Stunning card Asia ! I love everything about this ! soo very pretty :-)

thanks for joining us on the Crafty Ribbons Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

I am now a follower :-)

.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... All content, except where stated (including text, photographs and designs), is copyright of Asia King (Creative Spell Designs). I share my artwork for personal inspiration only. I don’t mind if you copy any of my designs for your own personal use, providing you give me credit by referring to my blog. You may not however copy my designs and photographs for contests and publications entries (online or otherwise) or to sell in either handmade or printed form. You may not copy my designs and photographs for advertising & commercial purposes, without my prior permission. Thank you for your understanding.
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Craft Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory blog button flower Photobucket Crafty Blogs

Let's Tweet!

Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 Under a creative spell, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena