Sunday 26 September 2010

Sentimental Dimension #22

Re-edited: Yeeey! This card has got the City Crafter Challenge #23 spotlight proudly shining on it...;-)))

This week at the Sentimental Sundays we would like you to play with dimension ;). It’s up to you how you interpret it as long as your project includes a sentiment.

This is my approach to dimension… I made this card for a colleague who’s just recently had a baby girl ;).


I put a lot of layers and some fluff under the sentiment (which is of course by Raindrop Echo for Whimsy Stamps!) to add dimension to my card.



And have you noticed these tiny toes and tiny hands on the sentiment block? Aren’t they cute??? ;-))).

I used the sketch from City Crafter Challenge Blog #23. It’s been a while since I last joined in the challenge so I thought it would be nice to visit the girls at CCCB again ;-).



I flipped two elements from the sketch so the square could accommodate the sentiment and then I hung the bunting at the top of the card ;-).



I used Tim Holtz’s shabby papers, Martha Stewart doily punch and Cuttlebug swirly embossing folder.

Don’t forget to pop over and check what other DT girls have created for this week’s challenge and I hope you can join us this week!

Happy Sunday everyone!








Challenges for this card:
CCCB#23 - Sketch
Flutter by Wednesday #123 - All winged things
AiFactory Challenge #49 - Anything goes 
Charisma Cardz Challenge #38 - Anything goes

18 comments:

Ros said...

Adorable card ... love the little banner covered in flowers and pearls ... such a nice touch ... Glad you managed to join us again at CCCB ... always nice to see you

Carol Q said...

gorgeous Joanna, really unusual and interesting design.

Tracy Evans said...

Stunning piece Joanna, I love the bunting and those tiny feet are absolutely adorable and I love all the layers and that Martha Stewart punch. Simply stunning. Have a good evening, Tracy x x

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card Joanna, the bunting is so pretty and the whole colour theme is very soft and calm. I love it.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

So pretty! Love the soft pink and the banners, like Ros said, always good to see you here at CCCB!

Unknown said...

I just looooove this, so girly and wonderful..
That little banner is adorable.. Thank you so much for playing along with us this week.. I always love seeing your creations...

Hugs, Linda

Zue said...

Very pretty..love all the layers and elements especially the tiny hands and feet. Perfect design for a new baby.
Have a great week.
Sue xx

racinggrandma61 said...

Great job. Love your project. TYSVM for joining us at AiFactory and please be sure to come back and play with us again.

Laralee DT

Ceal said...

Beautiful card, love the details!

Annika said...

You come up with the most gorgeous details - like those feather under the sentiment - lush!!
Hugs
Annika

Cheryl said...

This is gorgeous! I just found out last night that I need to make a baby card and yours has inspired me!

Crafting Queen said...

Wonderful card, love the soft colours and great layers. Anesha

Anonymous said...

wow so pretty! i love the mini roses! thanks for playing this week at AIF
-Tammy DT Lead

Nigel said...

Beautiful card, it looks so delicate - just as it should be for a baby girl.

Nice one :)

cnelson said...

Perfectly beautiful!!! Thank you for playing along at CCCB!

Anonymous said...

Simply Gorgeous!! Thanks for playing with us at AIFactory!! Hope to see you again soon!!
melissac (AIF DT)

Ann English said...

Can't seem to get to today's post-saw it on the SS blog. Gorgeous! Never did see this card from last week-no surprise; it's gorgeous, too! Your work takes my breathe away!

Sue Lelli said...

This is so GORGEOUS! CONGRATS on the recognition! LOVE the tiny hands and feet! LOVE the bunting!

.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... All content, except where stated (including text, photographs and designs), is copyright of Asia King (Creative Spell Designs). I share my artwork for personal inspiration only. I don’t mind if you copy any of my designs for your own personal use, providing you give me credit by referring to my blog. You may not however copy my designs and photographs for contests and publications entries (online or otherwise) or to sell in either handmade or printed form. You may not copy my designs and photographs for advertising & commercial purposes, without my prior permission. Thank you for your understanding.
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Craft Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory blog button flower Photobucket Crafty Blogs

Let's Tweet!

Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 Under a creative spell, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena