Sunday 7 November 2010

Sentimental Sketch #28 - DT card

Hello again!

If you've missed my yesterday's post with my DIY Book of Sentiments, please click here and I will magically take you straight to it ;).

First of all, it looks like I can now boast about it outloud lol ;) I have been promoted to the Senior DT at Sentimental Sundays, alongside Ann E, Annika and Chris. Ceal, Cheryl and Kimberley are now DT Coordinators will be helping out with the posts, answering emails, and will be helping to keep the blog running smoothly ;).

From this challenge we will also have Top Three chosen by the Team and we now have this new really cool Top Three blinkie ;). The Top Three Artists and the Random Winner will be announced on Tuesdays after the challenge in question closes.

This week at Sentimental Sundays we have a lovely sketch by Dorcas to play with.


I flipped the sketch a little and here's what I came up with.



I used Tim Holtz's Lost and Found papers and stamps. The ribbon was first soaked in coffee and then splashed with some Walnut Stain DI reinker for more defined stains.

The embellishment was created from a recycled bottle cap (yes, that the continuation of the recycling theme this week lol!), then I cut a bottle cap image from the DP and added Glossy accents to finish it off.


The rings were found in the deepest corner of my hubby's tool box (but please don't tell him!) - does that count as recycling??? - and aged using Brown Timber Stazon ink.



The edges were distressed with paper distresser and some DI, then I added some stitching to frame the design et voila!


I hope you can join us this week and don't forget to include a sentiment! Don't forget to check what beauties the rest of the Team have created and enjoy the rest of the weekend!

TTFN ;)

I would like to enter th efollowing challenges:
Crazy 4 Challenges #62 - Make a square card
2 Sisters Challenge #12 - Birthday
Anything Goes Challenge #23  - B is for...Birthday ;) 
Wee Memories #30 - Birthday Bash

21 comments:

Tracy Evans said...

Fabulous masculine card and I love the grungy colours too. Well done you for recycling items including those from your hubby's tool box LOL. Great piece I love it. Congratulations on your promotion too, well deserved. Tracy Evans x

Kimberly S said...

I've decided that your projects are like a visual buffet Joanna! lol There is always so much to look at, even on your cards. Amazing job my sweet friend, love it! :)

Annika said...

Ha, I've got to raid my hubby's toolbox as well, there might be treasures hidden there!! I hope you know that I am in awe of your art - one thing is to do half decent colouring like me and another is to truly create, blend and imagine like yourself.
Annika
PS. Don't you feel old now that we're "seniors", lol

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Such vintage beauty here, just love all the great DP and elements here!
Remind me to send you an email regarding the rolled flower when I get back, it is tough using this little net book when I travel.
For a quick and short note, I used circles and pop up glue dot.

Tracey said...

Fabulous card Joanna, love the vintage feel & all the details :)

Have a great week!
Hugs
Tracey
xx

Ann said...

Wow, love all the details on this! Super masculine creation! Thanks for playing along at Wee Memories this week!

Shirl said...

Another fabulous creation Joanna when I first saw it the first thing that sprang to mind was the old films about the roaring 20's and all the old gangsters, truly brill.
Hugs Shirley x x

papertrails leaver said...

yeah yeah on your promotion at SS! I am delighted to be working with you! Love this vintage card you created with lots of ageing which is divine! :-) Amy

Nigel said...

Playing blog catchup after one of those weeks. Fantastic card, and more importantly - congratulations on the promotion :D

Unknown said...

Congrats on your promotion.. I hope you enjoy it. Your card is wonderful. You sure do know how to do manly cards soooo well... I love it.

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Fabulous masculine card Joanna - love the Tim Holtz car and the distressed vintage feel. Your "altered" bottle cap is a great addition, and thanks for sharing all the techniques you've used. Hugs, Sylvia xx

Cheryl said...

Oh Joanna - what a lovely, vintage card! I love it! The perfect, masculine card.

Virginia L. said...

What a COOL card, Joanna! Love the colors and details! Thanks for playing with us at Wee Memories Scrappy Saturday Challenge!

Claire said...

Wow Joanna, what a wonderful card, I love all the details and what a great result from raiding hubby's tool box :-)
Claire xx

Anonymous said...

I love this card Joanna, love that grunged up vintage masculine look :)

Lynne said...

A great card, I always stuggle with mens cards. Lots of details. Bottletop and Black thats 2 more 'Bs' :-) Thanks for joining us over at Anything Goes. Lynne xx

Lisa M. (aka. Lisa @ Farm Fresh) said...

this card is just so fun! I love the vintage like feel of it and how you made it a work of art! Bravo!

♥ Lisa

HappyCrafter said...

Fabulous card! Great job with the recycling, and good for you for getting creative with different materials :-)

mrsk06 said...

Ive raided my hubby's toolbox also LOL its such a great man card its totally stunning! xx

Laurel said...

What a great masculine card! Thanks so much for playing at Wee Memories.

Tameko said...

Very nice vintage card. I have those Tim Holtz papers & stamps....You have inspired me to use them!

.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... All content, except where stated (including text, photographs and designs), is copyright of Asia King (Creative Spell Designs). I share my artwork for personal inspiration only. I don’t mind if you copy any of my designs for your own personal use, providing you give me credit by referring to my blog. You may not however copy my designs and photographs for contests and publications entries (online or otherwise) or to sell in either handmade or printed form. You may not copy my designs and photographs for advertising & commercial purposes, without my prior permission. Thank you for your understanding.
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Craft Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory blog button flower Photobucket Crafty Blogs

Let's Tweet!

Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 Under a creative spell, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena