Friday 12 August 2011

July calendar page...

Re-edited: Wooo hooo!!! I am a Spotlight Artist at City Crafter Challenge Blog ;))))

I can't believe it's almost the middle of August!!! Where did all this time go???? I have just finished the July page of my calendar... At this rate I will never be able to catch up with the rest of the months before the end of this year.... or century for that matter! lol ;)


The days have not been filled in yet as I am going to use it as a birthday diary. Throughout my life I have NEVER forgotten anyone's birthday, anniversary... etc. I mean family and close friends, not everyone in the entire world, in case you wonder lol! Until recently... with all the goings on in my life, those horrible turbulences and stuff... I forgotten about my brother's and my SIL's birthdays!!! How awful is that???


I thought it was time for radical measures so I decided to make a calendar where I will be keeping track of all those important dates and make my cards ahead of time (wishful thinking, me thinks!) ;-D.


But before my lovely pages get filled in, I will first need to do some researching who, what & when! D'you know what I mean?!

The page was inspired by the fantastic art journalling DVD by Kate. The background was created with acrylic paints and the day tiles were stamped and coloured with distress inks. Love the colours! Are they bright, cheerful and summery or what??? lol ;p.

The stamps I used are Doodle bloom by Tia Bennett and I did A LOT of lovely doodling myself, too! Hmmmm! ;)


The flowers were painted with my new fascination - cosmic shimmer watercolour paints. I just fell in love with them!!! Not sure if the picture fully reflects the lovely glimmering effect, very subtle yet quite defined! Love this stuff!!!!

Well, that's all from me for now. I hope you are all well, my Friends. In case you're not - hey, it's (almost) weekend (depending on your time zone lol)!!!

Hugs xxx





Challenges for this project:
The Stamp Man Challenge #29 - Anything goes, with summery colours
Divas by Design #8 - Birthdays
City Crafter Challenge Blog #69 - Doodling
The Cheerful Stamp Pad #23 - Petals
The Kathryn Wheel - Calendar
Stampalot Challenge August - Whatever you fancy

18 comments:

brenda said...

What a great idea for remembering special dates Joanna, I'm sure you will get your pages all finished eventually - time has this habit of creeping up on us all.

Thank you so much for joining us at Stampalot Challenge this month and good luck.

B x

Crafting Queen said...

Super pages!

pinky said...

Thats one gorgeous calendar page Joanna, love the colours. Thanks for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month.
Pinky

Carol Q said...

wow! stunning pages Joanna - your colours and doodling look so professional and I can see you've just kept building up the layers. you must have spent a long time putting them together. wonderful result

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Super pretty pages, the colors are just so dreamy, so my type!!! Love it!

Jacq said...

Hi Joanna,
Gorgeous Calander pages!!! Love the layout, the colour scheme is scrumptious. Love the doodling. Thanks for joining us at Divas By Design and Good Luck. Hope to see you joining us again.
Hugs Jacqui xxxxxx

Dragon said...

Lovely summery calendar page. Thanks for playing with the Stampman theme this time
Frankie
xx

PinksyDoodles said...

Wow, this is brilliant!
Thank you for sharing with us at Sir Stampalot.
Clare x

Michele said...

your page with all of your flowers is just darling. thanks so much for joining the "petals" challenge at the cheerful stamp pad! xo

Anonymous said...

What a brilliant and beautiful idea Joanna ! I've not got into journalling but I have to say your project has definitely got me thinking ! Sue C x

Ros said...

Well this challenge was right up your street ... an AMAZING piece of art here ... truly lovely!! (and I think you can be forgiven for forgetting birthdays ... life sometimes just gets that way ... no one said it would be easy huh?)
Thanks so much for joining us this week at CCCb have a great weekend

Unknown said...

This is soooooo wonderful.. I really do love seeing your creations.. You inspire me so...

Thanks for playing along with us this week at CCCB!

Zue said...

The colours are very uplifting and fresh.. :) It is a good idea to make a calendar; especially forgetful people...like me, ought to have one!!!
Have fun Joanna
Sue xxx

Sally H said...

Just fabulous!I love the colours you used. Thanks for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month and good luck!

Lisa Jane said...

what a gorgeous project - pretty AND practical.. Thanks for joining us at Diva's by Design this fortnight
Lisa x

cnelson said...

So FAB! LOVE it! Thanks so much for joining us at CCCB!

Stampin Lucy said...

WOW!! Now if I had that to admire all the time I would never forget anyone's birthday!! This is GORGEOUS!! So glad you shared with us at Divas By Design.

thekathrynwheel said...

Sorry I didn't call to see this sooner but I was on holiday with no Internet connection, yikes! Your calendar page looks absolutely fab, I LOVE your colour choices. I'm so pleased you have my DVDs and are finding them useful :-) Good luck with the calendar challenge for the rest of the year, looking forward to seeing more.

.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... All content, except where stated (including text, photographs and designs), is copyright of Asia King (Creative Spell Designs). I share my artwork for personal inspiration only. I don’t mind if you copy any of my designs for your own personal use, providing you give me credit by referring to my blog. You may not however copy my designs and photographs for contests and publications entries (online or otherwise) or to sell in either handmade or printed form. You may not copy my designs and photographs for advertising & commercial purposes, without my prior permission. Thank you for your understanding.
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Craft Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory blog button flower Photobucket Crafty Blogs

Let's Tweet!

Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 Under a creative spell, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena