Sunday 10 February 2013

Let's have some Create Time with CR8TIME!





Hello my dear Friends! I've been so busy for the last few weeks (busy with crafting - lucky me!) that I've had no time left for blogging (not good!)... I will be able to share what I have been up to very soon :).
And I'm really sorry I haven't been visiting your fabulous blogs as often as I would like - I promise my visiting and commenting will go back to normal soon, too!

Have you heard of CR8TIME? It's a new movement driven by the CHA Foundation and supporting partners, promoting the idea of getting your family, friends, neighbours, colleagues to spend quality time through creative activities. You can find out more about it HERE. I absolutely love and support this initiative.

As it happens, my boss is a volunteer in the local Youth Club. So when she asked me to do some crafting with the kids, I immediately said yes! Not because she's my boss and stuff, but because I really really loved the idea :).



But first and foremost, this month's challenge at Stampendous is all about love. To join the challenge create a project with a love theme, a wedding or anniversary card or maybe a Valentine's card for your secret crush - all heartfelt projects welcome! I'm joining the challenge with the projects I made for the Youth Club activity.

Since Valentine's Day is just round the corner, Valentine's cards seemed like a great theme to get the kids involved. We were playing with patterned papers, card and some stamping using Stampendous stamps (Vintage Typewriter and Rose Thoughts sets).


Here are a couple of the kids' projects :).


Birdie and her card.


This card was made by Jack for his Mum - see the message inside - how sweet was that???



And here are the samples I made for this event :).



Apologies the pictures are not that great but they were taken with my phone :). Stampendous are one of the partners in the CR8TIME project so I was really excited to use their stamps during this creative playtime. 

That's all for now! I'd love to see your heartfelt projects and if you host or join an invent in the spirit of CR8TIME, I'd love to hear all about it!

Thank you for popping in and your sweet comments. I promise to share some love on your blogs very soon!

Big hugs

6 comments:

Joanna Wiśniewska said...

Bardzo miło spędziliście czas. Kartki są śliczne :)

Words and Pictures said...

Know exactly what you mean about the busy-busy, no need to apologise... and how fantastic to give your time to such a great event! I passed the info about CR8TIME to my sister in law - my niece and nephew will love all that stuff!
Look forward to seeing what you've been up to.
Alison x

Brenda Brown said...

What a fabulous thing to do Joanna and great samples for the youngsters to work with.
hugs {brenda} x0x

Ros Crawford said...

You're going to find this so rewarding ... the cards are lovely ... The group I take are all mentally and physically challenged so they can't do a lot of things like stamping ... but just making something is pure joy!

Stampendous said...

So exciting, Asia! What a joy to work with kids, they so love making anything, but sometimes you have to get them started. It's so terrific to go in with a plan. Keep it up! These are terrific times.

Cheryl said...

What a great idea! I helped run an after school craft club at my daughter's school for a while and it is so fun working with the kids and encouraging their creativity.

.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... All content, except where stated (including text, photographs and designs), is copyright of Asia King (Creative Spell Designs). I share my artwork for personal inspiration only. I don’t mind if you copy any of my designs for your own personal use, providing you give me credit by referring to my blog. You may not however copy my designs and photographs for contests and publications entries (online or otherwise) or to sell in either handmade or printed form. You may not copy my designs and photographs for advertising & commercial purposes, without my prior permission. Thank you for your understanding.
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Craft Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory blog button flower Photobucket Crafty Blogs

Let's Tweet!

Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 Under a creative spell, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena