Tuesday 28 May 2013

Nunn Design, Envirotex and Stampendous - big team up!




Welcome to the big Nunn Design, Envirotex and Stampendous team up!

I am really excited because this week all Stampendous gals get to play with some really fabulous products: Jewelry Resin and Jewelry Clay from EnviroTex and bezels from Nunn Design.

I love jewellery (UK English spelling lol) so being able to incorporate stamps to create truly unique (and durable!) designs was great fun. This has really opened a new world of opportunities for me! Today I am sharing a couple of pendants I made but I will be back on Friday with another exciting project. On Friday we will also host a fabulous blog hop, full of amazing projects as well as...yes, you guessed it - lots of prizes to win, too!

Ok, here's how I made one of the pendants.

First I covered the bottom of the bezel with Pearlised Mica and Tea Stained Mica fragments. I used Matte Multimedium to glue them in place.


Next, I stamped the butterfly from the Royal Butterfly clear set and leaves from the Critter Collection set onto white card.


I coloured the images with STAEDTLER ergosoft aquarell pencils and blended the colours with a water brush.


Next I fussy cut the images and arranged them over some pressed flowers. Again, I used Matte Multimedium to glue them in place.


Before you add resin, you need to seal any paper elements - I used Beacon's Fast Finish to seal mine.


Now you are ready to add resin. I didn't take any step out photos for this as I prefer the experts guide you through it :). So have a look at the video below to get all the deets:


And here's the finished piece.


For the second pendant I used Pearlised Mica fragments for the background. Then I stamped the sentiment from the Rose Thoughts clear set onto tissue paper which I glued and sealed with Fast Finish. The tissue blended in quite nicely letting the subtle pearlised background to show through. To embellish the pendant I sprinkled some Multi Crystal glitter, Lavender Glass Glitter and Silver Glass Glitter. And I added some gems and a jewelled flower from an old broken jewellery piece.


I really enjoyed playing with resin and I hope you approve of my first attempts :). Be sure to check out all the other projects shared - hop over to the Stampendous blog for all the links. I can't wait myself to start blog hopping!

Have a fabulous week my friends and I will catch up on my visits soon!

Big hugs

24 comments:

Ink Art Designs said...

this looks soooo pretty Joanna! Both are beautiful, but I really like the second one :)
Dot x

Joanna Wiśniewska said...

Piękne. Jak takie niebka, które robiłam z koleżankami jak byłyśmy małe :):)

Ros Crawford said...

I'm really loving these ... I have to say the second one is more my style but I can imagine that IRL they look even more beautiful!

Janelle Stollfus said...

Oh wow! These turned out fabulous! The leave and butterfly, are perfect together for the bezel and so nicely colored.

Carol Q said...

beautiful Joanna and so many possibilities!

mootseeka said...

Awesome job

StampendousGraphics said...

Super gorgeous! I bet napkins would work really well with the resin as well! So glad you were able to play with us this time, Asia! We're so thrilled you're on our team! Thanks so much!!

Kristine Reynolds said...

Love these! Fabulous job!

Unknown said...

I didn't consider fussy cutting out small stamped images and adhering those inside with fragments and dried flowers! One of a kind, beautiful pieces!

barbara macaskill said...

What STUNNING pieces! I love seeing the different techniques to make jewelry! I am most certainly going to have to try each of these techniques! TFS!

Denise Bryant said...

These are fabulous! I haven't tried much jewelry before, but I am so excited by the looks of these! Great job on the tutorial... looks very fun!

Yolanda said...

Amazing job. Thanks.

Loly Borda said...

Both are beautiful! I'd love to try, thanks for the clear instructions.

Barb Turpin said...

Both projects are so fun! Love the fragments with the butterfly colors.

Kailash said...

Stunning pieces of jewelry, love the fusion of color!!

Janis said...

Beautiful pieces!! I am in awe.

Paper Profusion said...

These are gorgeous Joanna! Nicola x

sharon g said...

The glitter and butterfly look so pretty. I love it.

Larissa Heskett said...

WOW!! BEAUTIFUL!! LOVE the way you layered and THANKS for the Great Video!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

Words and Pictures said...

What beautiful creations - amazing product with so many possibilities!
Alison x

Janny Jager said...

Beautiful creations Joanna
love them.
Greetings Janny

Unknown said...

Absolutely beautiful I love these jewellery creations! Off to the blog hop now :)

Crafty Hugs
Heather xx

Teresa Godines #6857 said...

Beautiful!!!

Suzanne C said...

Sweet pendants! I love the bright colors on the butterflies and the happy day is sweet!

.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... All content, except where stated (including text, photographs and designs), is copyright of Asia King (Creative Spell Designs). I share my artwork for personal inspiration only. I don’t mind if you copy any of my designs for your own personal use, providing you give me credit by referring to my blog. You may not however copy my designs and photographs for contests and publications entries (online or otherwise) or to sell in either handmade or printed form. You may not copy my designs and photographs for advertising & commercial purposes, without my prior permission. Thank you for your understanding.
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Craft Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory blog button flower Photobucket Crafty Blogs

Let's Tweet!

Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 Under a creative spell, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena