Friday 7 June 2013

Blog Hop time! Stampendous, May Arts, Core'dinations and David Tutera join forces :)



Welcome to the big Finale of this week's collaboration of  the three fantastic companies: Stampendous, Core'dinations along with its David Tutera line and May Arts ribbons.

I am really happy to see you here today - and I'd like to say a very special welcome to my newest followers :). Your support really means a lot to me - thank you! 

Ok then, please make yourself at home, grab a cuppa and let's begin!

The project I'd like to share with you today is a card for my F-I-L as we are soon going to celebrate Father's Day here in the UK. My F-I-L is a very special person, a man of many wonderful talents - painting being one of them. In my project I tried to capture at least a fragment of the magic my F-I-L creates in his paintings. And with the help of some wonderful crafty products I was ready to give it my best shot!




I was recently inspired by a 'patchwork technique' I saw in the Craft Stamper magazine. I really loved the lush plush look this technique created on cardstock and just I knew I had to try it! And with a lovely linen like texture of the Core's cardstock, I hoped my patchwork would look great.

I stared by sponging some Antique Linen distress ink onto my card from the Whitewash Collection against the edge of my acetate 'template'. Moving your template down create parallel lines with your shading. Next turn your card 90 degrees and repeat the process. 



Then using Coffee Archival ink I stamped the Cling Artist Elements stamp onto my 'patchwork' panel and I coloured it with water colour pencils. I also created a smaller panel using the same cardstock and patchwork technique. I used it for my sentiment Cling Color Outside.


I could not leave this project without a touch of Fran-tage so I decorated my feature panel with Shabby White Embossing Enamel, Aged Ochre Embossing Enamel, Red Tinsel Embossing Powder, Aged Hunter EE, Aged Teal EE and Sunflower Micro Glitter. Finally I added some clear 'buttons' with Glossy Accents.

Next I chose the postage stamp edge card from the David Tutera sets I cut to size all my patterned paper layers (7 Dots Studio, Dreamer). I distressed them all with the Sand-It tool and wiped the dust with the Cleaning Cloth from the Sand-It set.


Then I folded one side of the David Tutera's card blank in half and reinforced the whole base with cardstock from the Tim Holtz Kraft Core Nostalgic line. Next I added all my paper layers and tucked in some DT's embellishments.


To finish the card I altered some embellishments by swiping them with Boss Gloss and heat embossing them with Aged Teal EE. For the flower centre I added some Teal Mica Fragments and a metal flower embellishment from the D.T.'s embellies pack.


I layered my flower over May Arts Faux Suede ribbons and I used the Net ribbon for the base of my easel.





Before you go - there is more fun and more goodies to win for facebook fans! David Tutera Celebrate Page Core'dinations Facebook Page (they're doing a 10,000 fan giveaway!!) May Arts Facebook Page (they're doing a Design Team Call) and, of course, Stampendous Facebook Page 

You have all weekend to complete your hopping and commenting. And you do want to comment...the prizes are crazy fun this time! So here we go, here's who is hopping today!


Asia King (yours truly!)

Thanks for visiting today and for all your lovely comments! Ah, and while you're here...:) if you like my inspiration samples for this week, including my Happy Sunflowers card, how about joining my blog to stay up to date with my future creative adventures? Be sure to leave your blog address in the comment so I can return the kindness!

Big hugs



Also linking to:
Simon Says Stamp - Father's Day/Masculine
Simon Says Stamp & Show - Letter 'S' (sanding & suede)


51 comments:

Julie Shearer said...

I love this ! I really like the stamp you used , and the patchwork is lovely . TFS .

LauraEva said...

Beautiful, Asia!

Terri Burnette said...

Cute. Like the metal flower that had paint added to give a patina effect

TracyM #6773 said...

WOW - your F-I-L is going to LOVE your AWESOME card - it is a work of art Asia!!!
Love how you created the patchwork effect (thank you for sharing, I look forward to trying it now) and all the beautiful techniques, products and layers you combined to make your card - thank you for sharing!!!

dstandard said...

Beautiful work with the products! Love your inking!

Tenia Nelson said...

WOW Miss Lady.....this is GORGEOUS!!!

Sue D said...

Perfect project for your artistic FIL--he will love it.

Kristine Reynolds said...

Beautiful as always Asia!

Alexia Misso said...

Beautiful work with the products, well done! Thanks for sharing!

Mare said...

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

Lea said...

Asia, this is just gorgeous! Your FIL will love it!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Wonderful stamp used and I love that patchwork technique. That was new to me, but it sure is a gorgeous one. I love the elements of grunge with the texture of it and all the different embellishments you included. Stunning work of art.

barbara macaskill said...

I LOVE what you did with the metal flower and the R! I just ordered this stamp and it should be here Monday! I can't wait to get it! You FIL will be very pleased to receive such a handsome card! TFS!

Barbara said...

Beautiful card. I love the patchwork look and the beautiful colors and the ribbon and lace you used. that stamp is on my wish list, too!!!

Iris said...

Such an amazing card. WOW!

sharon g said...

I like how you colored everything so differently. Nice.

Unknown said...

Asia (my niece's name too) I am absolutely OBSESSED AND ENAMORED with the stampendous artist elements cling stamp. Thanks for the tutorial and getting my creative juices following.

Judy said...

What a beautiful card! I love the treatment you used on the flower pin, gorgeous. Thanks for sharing.

StampendousGraphics said...

Asia, this is overwhelmingly beautiful! Your FIL is a very very lucky man! Just love what you've done with all the terrific products. Thanks for playing with our hop!

Krista said...

Love your beautiful card and the shading technique is just delightful - the perfect touch!

Sabrina said...

Such a beautiful card!! Love your color combo and just love that image!!

Carol said...

Lovely card, thanks for sharing your talent and creativity.

Carol B
ciaoitalia2007(at)gmail(dot)com

Janny Jager said...

Very very beautiful Joanna with such great details and stamps.
Greetings Janny

Unknown said...

lovely creative use of the products

Unknown said...

Such an artsy card...
Lovely patch work technique too
Now this stamp has made it to my wishlist - Cling Artist Elements

Unknown said...

Wow! This card rocks!! Great tutorial as well!

Anonymous said...

I'm sure your F-I-L will appreciate your homage to his painting. It's a beautiful card. Love the patchwork idea. Thanks for sharing.

Loly Borda said...

From the background to the ribbon and flowers your card is fabulous! TFS

Teresa Godines #6857 said...

oh my.... This is FABULOUS!!! Love all of the layers. Everything is perfect. TFS

Benwah said...

Super card. Love all the texture and the stamp is great. Thanks

Lucy E. said...

Such an awesome card! Thanks :)

NWFlamingo said...

This is SO pretty! Most excellent!

Scrappin' Diva said...

Beautiful card! TFS!

craftymom205 said...

Great card.

craftymom205 at yahoo dot com

Muffin said...

Love all the layers! Textures, everything!

Ravengirl said...

Wow, what a gorgeous creation!

Michele I said...

what a great card love all the elements to this truly amazing

Rosemary I said...

beautiful card like all the different teniques that were used

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

Wow....love your project!

Sonia said...

Hi my dearest friend,happy Saturday^_^
What a gorgeous card,beautiful colouring^_^
Big hug,
Sonia

Robin B. said...

Gorgeous card, thanks for sharing and the tutorial.

Ros Crawford said...

A stunning work of art!

Karenladd said...

This is just gorgeous! The papers, the layers, the metal flower...just fabulous!

Kailash said...

Oh my such s fabulous project, love the vintage look. Thanks for sharing the tutorial!!

Candida said...

Wow! I am amazed how beautiful your card turned out. So many nice details and tips. Thanks for sharing!

Karen S. said...

Your card is absolutely gorgeous! Love it!

Anna-Karin said...

Wow, this is gorgeous! Love the background you inked and the stamped image is fabulous. Thanks so much for sharing your s-inspiration with us this week at Simon Says Stamp and Show!

Unknown said...

OH my stars what a gorgeous card. I always admire your work my friend.

Hugs~

Jingle said...

Asia, this is absolutely stunning! Awesome work! Thanks so much for joining us over at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

Words and Pictures said...

Wow - this is completely amazing... the frantage and delicate tinting on the paintbrushes looks so wonderful, and the altered metal flower is fabulous. Love the shabby chic layering - gorgeous, gorgeous make!
Alison x

Unknown said...

Wow, I love the patchwork technique and when I get back to my crafty space will have a go at it. Your card is truly beautiful Joanna. I love pouring over all of the details and you are very talented. :) Thanks for always sharing tips and techniques with us! Hugs

.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... All content, except where stated (including text, photographs and designs), is copyright of Asia King (Creative Spell Designs). I share my artwork for personal inspiration only. I don’t mind if you copy any of my designs for your own personal use, providing you give me credit by referring to my blog. You may not however copy my designs and photographs for contests and publications entries (online or otherwise) or to sell in either handmade or printed form. You may not copy my designs and photographs for advertising & commercial purposes, without my prior permission. Thank you for your understanding.
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Craft Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory blog button flower Photobucket Crafty Blogs

Let's Tweet!

Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 Under a creative spell, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena