Sunday 30 June 2013

Don't panic, don't panic! Google Friend Connect and Blogger


I haven't got anything crafty to share today I'm afraid.

I just wanted to drop a quick line before the 1st of July... the end of blogging world as rumour has it lol ;).

You've probably seen a lot of posts lately about Google retiring their Google Reader as of 1st of July. It will be a bit frustrating for those who use/d Google Reader and RSS feeds as their preferred platform to follow their favourite websites.

However if you rely on your Blogger dashboard and your Blogger Reading List - you need not worry. This is a separate service from Google Reader (although it works in a similar way) and as yet, Google has not announced any plans to cease this service. The same goes for your followers list via Google Friend Connect - when you wake up tomorrow, your lovely followers should still be there :).

This being said, you can now see a little icon below my signature - yes, I have also ventured into Bloglovin world.

Personally, I quite like the way the list of new posts is displayed on Bloglovin. I didn't find my Blogger Reading List as hmmm...inviting. I also found that it is much easier to manage the list of the blogs you follow and I also get a daily email with a list of new posts :). Most importantly it's really easy to set up and it will automatically import all the blogs you already follow via Google Friend Connect, if you so wish.

So... if you a Bloglovin user - I'd like to invite you to follow me via this platform - just click on the icon below.

If you use your Blogger Reading List - don't panic, you can continue to do so. But you are still welcome to explore other fun ways of following your favourite blogs!

Big hugs



Follow on Bloglovin
♥ Follow Me On Bloglovin'

0 comments:

.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... All content, except where stated (including text, photographs and designs), is copyright of Asia King (Creative Spell Designs). I share my artwork for personal inspiration only. I don’t mind if you copy any of my designs for your own personal use, providing you give me credit by referring to my blog. You may not however copy my designs and photographs for contests and publications entries (online or otherwise) or to sell in either handmade or printed form. You may not copy my designs and photographs for advertising & commercial purposes, without my prior permission. Thank you for your understanding.
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Craft Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory blog button flower Photobucket Crafty Blogs

Let's Tweet!

Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 Under a creative spell, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena