I don't know about you but I am really enjoying this week's creative journey with Stampendous and Maya Road. If you haven't checked all the inspirational projects yet, be sure to have a peak - you won't be disappointed.
And who knows, you might win some fabulous crafty goodies too if you leave some love and let us know you've visited! (nb. winners need to have a US shipping address).
For today's blog hop project I decided to play with this fabulous canvas binder. I am going to turn it into a mini album with our holiday's photos. I haven't decorated the pages inside yet but no doubt I will very soon!
And here's how I decorated my album cover.
1. Supplies list
Stampendous: cling Luggage Labels, cling Jumbo Peruvian Lily, cling Jumbo Hollyhock, cling Wander Lost, Typewriter Alphabet clear stamps; Black Crushed Glass Glitter, Pink Micro Glitter, Sunflower Micro Glitter
Maya Road: canvas binder, Ruffle Blossoms, Trinket pins
Other: Dreamweaver Summer stencil, Translucent embossing paste, Inktense pencils, acrylic paints, paper flowers, ribbons, Glimmer Mists, decorative masks, texture paste, DODZ 3d (Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L)
2. Colour the entire canvas cover with Inktense pencils.
3. Spritz the cover with water and using a wet brush blend in the colours.
4. Spritz some Glimmer Mists onto the cover through a flower mask. Allow the cover to dry (or dry it with a heat gun).
5. Randomly stamp Luggage Labels onto canvas with white Distress Stain. For a more washed out look stamp the labels onto slightly damp fabric.
6. Add more stamping using Crimson Archival.
7. Apply diamond accents through a stencil with texture paste mixed with some acrylic paints.
8. In corners stamp the ornate swirl from the Peruvian Lily set with gold acrylic paint.
9. Emboss the word 'summer' with the embossing paste and decorate with micro glitters.
Allow to dry thoroughly. When dry outline the glitter word with Sepia pencil and blend in the shading with a waterbrush.
10. Add more stamping to the inside cover flaps with the Hollyhock swirly border.
11. Stamp the sentiment onto paperned paper. Add all your embellishments and paper flowers. Apply some DODZ 3D accents and cover with black glass glitter. Add final touches with Liquid Pearls.
And here is the back of the cover.
Well then, I hope you've enjoyed reading this little tale about my 'summer sizzler' - I'd love to know if you have :).
And these amazing artists have also prepared a visual treat for you so hop along and enjoy the Road! :)
Asia King (that's me!)
♥ Follow Me On Bloglovin'