Friday 14 March 2014

You've Got Mail And My Old Sofa As Good ASNEW



Edited - woo hoo! I am delighted to say that I have won the March challenge at Eclectic Paperie! Yay!!!

Hello everyone! I hope you are having a great week so far! And it's almost the weekend - yay!

Over at Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L's blog I am sharing today a mail holder I made for our freshly redecorated living room.

The inspiration behind it was this project - I absolutely loved the idea! No more clatter on the dining room table! I can already feel so organised, super efficient, in control over the clatter and stuff! How long my resolve will last - we'll yet to see lol.



Supplies I used:
6x12" Adhesive Sheets, Ivory and Silver Creative Photo Corners, Keepsake Envelopes, Crafty Foam Tape and DODZ™ - 3D.

Other supplies:
Stamps - Word Collage Border Hampton Art
Ink - Cloudy Sky StazOn Midi IMAGINE Crafts; Mustard Seed Distress Stain (Ranger Ink)
Embellishments - Prima Marketing, May Arts





Today I also wanted to share something else with you :). 

I hardly ever have good experience when shopping for large household items. I've lost track how many times my brand new purchases arrived damaged, incomplete, parts in different colours or with no assembly instructions. 

My ultimate 'favourite' must be our TV unit. We were really excited when we first set out eyes on this great furniture system that allowed you to build your unit to suit your requirements. So we did. We designed our dream unit, bought most of the segments until one of the components became unavailable for almost 8 months due to manufacturing problems. As it happened, the missing component of our TV unit was... the TV stand itself :). LOL. 

So today I'd like to give a really warm mention and bunches of thanks to Gary and the lovely peeps at ASNEW upholstery in Abingdon, Oxfordshire. They have given our trusted sofa and foot stool a new look and a new life, so to speak. The company delivered a first class service, great finish and attention to detail. We were given a tour of the workshop and were offered a really supportive approach during the fabric decision making process (we crafters know how long these things take! lol). You can even watch a video on their website on how the items are being transformed step by step - fascinating!

Before we considered re-upholstery, we spent ages looking for a sofa which would tick all the boxes that the old one did. In the end, all it needed was a 'face lift' and a touch of 'furniture botox' here and there. We are extremely happy with the end result and that we avoided sending our old gal to landfill. We also supported our local trade at the same time. If you are thinking about renewing your upholstered furniture, do give these guys a call - you won't be disappointed. 

So, Gary & the team - thank you! 


Our sofa before:





And after:




I would love to know if you guys have ever had any delivery dramas in the past. Please do share - it would be really comforting to know that I might not be the only one... lol :).

And on that note - have a great week! Thank you for popping in and for all your lovely comments!

Big crafty hugs



Follow on Bloglovin
♥ Follow Me On Bloglovin'

Eclectic Paperie - Alter a Book

16 comments:

Joanna Wiśniewska said...

Pomysl na listy i rachunki bardzo mi sie podoba, fantastyczny :)
Sofa po renowacji wyglada swietnie :)

Crafting Queen said...

Your mail holder is wonderful, love it. Your living room looks lovely.

Ros Crawford said...

Love your altered book ... I Just love folding these and making things from books

Brenda Brown said...

what a great organiser to have on your table and so beautifully designed and your new updated sofa look fabulous. Have a great weekend xx

Unknown said...

I LOVE your project. That is such a great idea my creative friend. Your sofa looks amazing. They did a great job..

Hope you enjoy your weekend.

Hugs~

Meihsia Liu said...

Love your beautiful mail holder, Joanna. The colors and embellishments on it are all so fabulous. You sofa really looks gorgeous after the "botox". Love the pretty patterns. :)

Unknown said...

Love the new look of your living room Joanna. :-)
Your altered book is mind blowing it is so pretty!!! Absolutely love it and you should enter the eclectic Paperie Altered Book challenge this month. This one's a winner! :) Hugs

Evik said...

Świetny pomysł na listy! Genialny! I nowa sofa tez wygląda rewelacyjnie. Ciekawe czy taka wygodna jakie wrażenie robi:) Pozdrawiam ASiu

Unknown said...

wow!! I love your book - I want to run right over to my desk and make one too!! Thank you so much for the inspiration and for playing along with the Eclectic Paperie EPlay Challenge!!

toni said...

Love your altered book and what a great idea to use it as a mail holder! Love your 'altered sofa' looks like they've done a great job. Thankyou for joining us for the first ePlay challenge ! X

Anonymous said...

Beautiful post organise Joanne ! What a gorgeous addition to your lounge. Your sofa looks amaxing too !
Thanks for joining us at eclectic Paperie in our first ePlay challenge. Sue C x

Anonymous said...

Your book is amazing, wonderful piece of work, love you sofa also!!

Moira xx

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE your paper folds and the colors of your Fabulous Altered Book! THX for playing with us at the eclectic Paperie ePlay Challenge!

mark gould said...

The sofa looks fab with he face lift and the altered book is so delicate and creative. Thanks for stopping by and asking about the chalk paints, The Craft range I think will be stoking everything when it is available, which should be any time now, also that craft place I think will be stocking the stencils, there should be a complete list of stockists on the country love crafts web page as they are the distributor. I think the paints etc hit the shelves latter this month x

Tracy said...

What a fabulous idea Joanna and I am loving the beautiful spring colours.
Thank you so much for playing along with us at eclectic Paperie :-)
Big hugs
Tracy
Pssst..your sofa is gorrrgeous:-!

Jenny Marples said...

Great sofa makeover and a fantastic idea for storage. Love the makeover you've given the book! Jenny x

.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... All content, except where stated (including text, photographs and designs), is copyright of Asia King (Creative Spell Designs). I share my artwork for personal inspiration only. I don’t mind if you copy any of my designs for your own personal use, providing you give me credit by referring to my blog. You may not however copy my designs and photographs for contests and publications entries (online or otherwise) or to sell in either handmade or printed form. You may not copy my designs and photographs for advertising & commercial purposes, without my prior permission. Thank you for your understanding.
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Craft Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory blog button flower Photobucket Crafty Blogs

Let's Tweet!

Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 Under a creative spell, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena