Hello everyone and oh boy, I am sooo happy (quite overwhelmed, really!) to see so many new friends joining my blog! Thank you so much from the bottom of my heart!
In case you've missed my Monday's post, this card was my offering for this week's blog collaboration of two amazing companies. The Design Teams at Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L and Graphic 45 have been playing together to spoil you with a whole week of great inspiration and amazing prizes. To find out more, hop over here!
As promised, I am back today with a tutorial for the nautical anniversary card I shared. And if you keep reading on, you will also see that I have a little 'thank you' surprise for my 'tutorial survivors' lol.
Ok, let's get started with the tutorial, shall we?
1. Prepare your card blank from kraft cardstock and a selection of background panels and elements from the By The Sea and Place in Time paper collections. Distress the edges with Vintage Photo distress ink and a paper distresser. Make some bigger tears in a few places to show the background fabric scraps.
2. Add some stamping using Stampendous stamps (Loving Messages) and StazOn Midnight blue ink. Cut a few small pieces of burlap fabric. Arrange the elements until you are happy with the layout.
TIP: I always keep my phone handy to take a quick snap. This way I can refer to my planned layout during the assembling stage, in case I forget how I wanted to arrange the elements :).
3. Adhere your burlap scraps to the back of your biggest background panel with E-Z Runner® Permanent Strips, making sure to leave some fabric showing outside the edges. Pull some treads out for a tattered look.
4. Run your E-Z Runner® Permanent Strips along all edges of the panel and adhere it to the card blank. Repeat with the smaller background elements and attach them to the card.
5. To adhere flat metal tags and fabric embellishments use Adhesive Sheets.
6. Using the White Crafty Foam Tape and E-Z Runner® Permanent Strips adhere the remaining background elements, varying the layer heights with additional foam adhesive.
7. Continue to build the layers.
8. Fill a small vial bottle with torn strips of papers and a mixture of Stampendous Frantage powders, glitters, mica fragments and sequins.
TIP: I always keep my leftover powders, glitters and fragments from the encrusted jewel technique in a small container - they come very handy in small embellishment bottles.
9. Wrap the bottle with a small rope embellishment tied in a sailor's knot and secure with DODZ™ - 3D.
TIP: I saved my knots from another project (you can read about it here) but you can easily create them yourself - you can find some cool examples and instructions here.
10. Secure the bottle to the card with a handful of DODZ™ - 3D. To cover any adhesive showing tuck in some cheese cloth - this will also add a nice nautical touch.
11. Add a few photo corners from Creative Photo Corners - Mix Pack to imitate beach huts. Layer the sentiment panel over them, leaving only the 'roofs' showing.
12. Weave a nautical ribbon bow through a big ship's wheel brad embellishment and secure to the card.
13. Use the ribbon to cover a handful of 3D Foam Pennants to create a nautical banner, do not peal the back protective sheet yet. Punch a hole at the top left corner of each pennant and weave through a red cord. Peal of the back sheets and layer each pennant onto the card over the previous one.
14. Add a few blue and turquoise sequins to imitate water droplets. Secure with DODZ™ - Small.
And that's it! You can also use the left over pieces and scraps to decorate the inside of the card, like I've done it here :).
Now, something you've all been waiting for! lol :) Giveaway time! Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L have very kindly offered a $25 shopping spree to one of my blog followers - how awesome is that? Imagine the delight in browsing all the fabulous photo corners, designer shapes, adhesive dispensers and so much more...!
All you have to do to enter the giveaway is to follow my blog, comment on this post and enter into the drawing using the Rafflecopter app below. There are also additional ways to gain more entries so have fun and good luck!
The giveaway will be open until midnight on Sunday 10th August 2014 BST and the winner will be announced shortly after.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Thank you for stopping by today and have a wonderfully crafty weekend!
Big crafty hugs
♥ Follow Me On Bloglovin'