Friday 19 September 2014

Add a Little Dazzle & Stampendous - Blog Hop Finale!


Hello everyone on this fine Friday! :). 



First, I'd like to say a big thank you for your beautiful and heart melting comments on my latest posts - baby girl exploding box and the 'dazzling' sailboat. Also, my warmest, most special welcome to my newest followers - thank you so much for choosing to share my creative adventures with me :).

I hope you're all  enjoying all the inspiration featuring Add a Little Dazzle Craft Metal Sheets and Stampendous Stamps and Essentials this week.


Blog_header_add_a_little_dazzle 

If you missed the earlier posts, here are the blog hop links for you: MONDAY, TUESDAY, WEDNESDAY and THURSDAY The team over at Add a Little Dazzle has even created a special pack featuring the metals from this blog hop. You can find it here - Add A Little Dazzle Stampendous Hop Special

Of course you might like to win some fabulous goodies, too! We're giving away three prize packages this week for comments on the blogs. A nice package of Metal Sheets, Stamps and Cutting Dies! So hop along to the participating blogs and leave some love!

Here's the project I prepared for our blog hop finale - an autumnal wreath. To decorate my wreath I used a selection of shop bought flowers (Prima, Maya Road) and handmade flowers - faux porcelain blooms (see the video tutorial here) and moulded enamel flowers (see my video tutorial here). Oh, and I also added some poppy seed heads (found in a charity shop) painted with DecoArt acrylic paint.



For my base I used a Styrofoam wreath which I painted with DecoArt Americana Country Red acrylic paint (same colour as on the poppy seed heads). When dry, I wrapped a lovely orange lace all around the ring, letting some background colour to show through.



To decorate my wreath I stamped and die cut a batch of metal leaves. I used Brushed Bronze, Golden Glimmer and Precious Pearl sheets. To colour the pearl sheets I brushed patches of colour with Spectrum Noir markers and blended them with a blending tool and alcohol blending solution.



For the leaves I used the Jumbo Cling Leaves and Cling PenPattern Leaves which I stamped with Jet Black and Ganache StazOn inks. I backed them up with thin cardstock and adhesive sheets for more stability and I die cut them using Leaves Die Set. 



Next I added some doodling and 'puffing up' on the metal using a paper stump and a nylon pointy tool - I love the embossed texture on metal! Finally some of the leaves received a Fran-tage treatment with a blend of Deep Impressions Chunky Clear Enamel and Copper Lux Mix (heated with a heat tool from underneath). 


I also added a cluster decorated with Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L's Foam Leaves, sprinkled with Copper Lux Mix and Cinnamon Micro Glitter.

So here are the peeps playing today:

Asia King (that's me!)

P.S. If you click on a blog link and receive a notice that says "this post is not here" or something similar, just click on the blog header or look for a link that says Home. That should take you to the home page of that blog and the correct post should be near the top :).

I hope you've enjoyed hopping through all those amazing blogs and maybe you've even made some crafty friendships on the way! BTW, if you've enjoyed your visit here, why not subscribe to my blog to see my future projects? :).

I'm so happy to have been a part of this dazzling extravaganza and I have certainly been inspired my all the fellow Designers! I'm sure you have been, too!

Thank you for stopping by and for all your heart warming words! Have a wonderful weekend!

Bug crafty hugs



Follow on Bloglovin
♥ Follow Me On Bloglovin'

Challenges for this project:
Simon Says Monday Challenge - Rock the Techniques (stamping and embossing on metal)
Rhedd's Creative Spirit September - Anything Goes
Our Creative Corner September - Autumnal Image Inspiration (leaves)

39 comments:

Iris said...

Gorgeous wreath - love all the flowers and leaves.
isoscia at aol dot com

Crafting Queen said...

Wow, this is stunning, love the combination of colours.

snazzyjj said...

Love how you have captured both summer and fall in your pretty wreath.

Sue's Paper Crafts said...

STUNNING!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fabulous design and colors. The leaves are totally WOW!!

Sue
http://suek86401.blogspot.com/

Jenny Marples said...

Oh wowzers! This is an absolutely beautiful wreath. The way you've wrapped the lace around the base and the whole mix of flowers, leaves and other autumnal fruits are just perfect together. What a way to end the week. Jenny x

New Creations said...

Incredible and stunning project!!!! love this wrapped wreath with those metal leaves, blended peachy colored gorgeous flowers and all the little embellishments!!!

barbara macaskill said...

I love all the different textures on this wreath!! The wrapped lace is a great base for all of the beautiful leaves and flowers!!! TFS!

Carol said...

Wow, such a fabulous week of great ideas! I have really enjoyed seeing all the projects.


Carol B
ciaoitalia2007(at)gmail(dot)com

Vicki Dutcher said...

Wow - you put some serious work into this gorgeous wreath!

Anonymous said...

The wreath is beautiful. I love the yellow background. The collection of flowers used is spectacular. I would be thrilled to have this to hang on my front door. thanks for sharing a wonderful wreath. It's been a great week for ideas.

Donna said...

This is truly MIXED media! I need a UTEE melter!!

Judy said...

Beautiful wreath and the leaves and flowers on it look amazing. Thanks for sharing your wonderful ideas with us all week.

Unknown said...

Wow, this is stunning. Great fall wreath.

Carolina Kathy said...

Gorgeous autumn wreath! Might have to make a new wreath this year with new products! Thx for sharing.

Heather said...

This is very amazing, this is just darling great home decor.

Martha Lucia Gomez said...

Congratulations! I love all the textures that you use in your beautiful project. Thank you for sharing your talent!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful job on the wreath! So much work! Wow!

Tenia Nelson said...

Holy COW!!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

Viki Banaszak said...

I love your wreath. It is so colorful and has wonderful textures.

Jean Bullock said...

Amazing! I pinned it to my just plain cool board. http://www.pinterest.com/pin/415386765605025893/

Papertangler said...

So much I love about this bright fall wreath...starting with the lace wrapped base with contrasting color peeking through. Fun to hear how you collected you various elements. And the metal leaves give it just the shine it needs. Lovely.

Elena C said...

What a colorful wreath...great for these beautiful Fall days!

Pam Hornschu said...

Wonderful textures and colors on this wreath, Asia!

Lyn Bernatovich said...

Over the top amazing detail, textures, dimension and loveliness!!!

Ros Crawford said...

Oh this is beautiful ... really sparkly and pretty!

Yolanda said...

Stunning wreath.

Lea said...

WOWZERS! Asia, this is gorgeous! Love all the pretty flowers and leaves. The fall colors are awesome!

Janis said...

Wonderful combination of colors, textures, shapes, etc. Poppy pods??? I have those in abundance. I just let my little granddaughter play with them. They are fabulous in your wreath with those shiny metal leaves!!!
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful wreath! Love all the foliage and blossoms! Thanks for joining along with the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

Unknown said...

Wow!!!! Beautiful project....Thanks for Sharing!

Claudia N. said...

I LOVE the warm colours, the autumnal leaves and that dazzle, Asia!

The arrangement on your door hanger looks absolutely fantastic! Love all the wonderful texture too!

Thank you so much for sharing this fab make with us at Our Creative Corner!

Claudia xxx

Giovana said...

Fabulous wreath!! A lot of dimension and details.

Bea said...

Beautiful wreath...love the colors.

jordanbev5@yahoo.com said...

What a gorgeous wreath and the metal leaves will really look stunning as the light catches them! Great idea!

Meihsia Liu said...

Wow... This is such a gorgeous creation, Joanna. I love all the beautiful elements and the wonderful colors. :)

Unknown said...

Simply Stunning, those colours are yummy fantastic project! Many thanks for joining the Rhedd's Creative Spirit challenge and good luck!!! Melissa (DT)

Stampendous said...

Oh, to see this is dreamy. Love, LOVE the arrangement with those leaves tucked in around the flowers. Beautiful wreath! Thank you for your fabulous creations using Stampendous products.

Sammy said...

Such a beautiful wreath! Thank you for entering your project at Rhedd’s Creative Spirit. Sammy-x

barbara macaskill said...

I have bookmarked this post because my leaf stamps and dies will be arriving within a few hours and I am dying to get busy with them!! I am definitely going to be using my Add A Little Dazzle metal sheets with them and try to recreate your wreath with my own spin on it!! Thanks for the inspiration!!! Toodles for now lovely lady!

.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... All content, except where stated (including text, photographs and designs), is copyright of Asia King (Creative Spell Designs). I share my artwork for personal inspiration only. I don’t mind if you copy any of my designs for your own personal use, providing you give me credit by referring to my blog. You may not however copy my designs and photographs for contests and publications entries (online or otherwise) or to sell in either handmade or printed form. You may not copy my designs and photographs for advertising & commercial purposes, without my prior permission. Thank you for your understanding.
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Craft Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory blog button flower Photobucket Crafty Blogs

Let's Tweet!

Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 Under a creative spell, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena