Tuesday 31 October 2017

Crow's Woes - A Story of A Halloween Raven





Re-edited: Yeeppie!!! I am a Designer Spotlight with this project over at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! Yaaay!!!

Happy Halloween to all!

I haven't blogged for a long while but I've finally been able to find some crafty time and the inspiration came for this Halloween themed project! Just in time to join in the finale of 31 Days of Halloween!

Under a creative spell Asia King


I've decided to alter an old photo frame for this handsome fella. The stamp I used is the Raven Background from Stampendous. I took the inspiration from the JUGS #417 Challenge Photo:


The autumnal colour splatters, the bird theme, feathers...

The frame was first painted with DecoArt's black gesso and then treated with random dollops of alcohol inks in a range of colours.  When the inks dried I applied some Dazzling Mettallics wax in Iced Esspresso to highlight the raised areas, along with a touch of Cherry Red acrylic paint.

Decoart Dazzling Metallics acrylic paint




I also framed the image further with Black Glass Glitter from Stampendous.

Spooky Halloween ornament

At the top I added an ornament cluster with hidden bat wings, mystic medallion and raven's feathers, complemented by a smaller ornament at the bottom with a scull and crossbones. All straight from the pantry essentials for witch's brews and potions... :).


If you'd like to indulge in more Halloween inspiration, do also have a peek at my Halloween lantern and Halloween Witchcraft tag projects. And make sure to check out of the spookylicious projects over at the Stampendous blog with the links to the whole month's worth of Halloween inspiration!


Thank you so much for stopping by and for all your lovely (or terrrrrifying!) comments! Happy Halloween!

Big crafty hugs!

Asia King Blog signature_small

Follow on Bloglovin
♥ Follow Me On Bloglovin'

I would also like to enter the following challenges:
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - All Creatures Great and Small
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes
Frilly and Funkie - Trick or Treat (bat wings - treat for a witch)
A Vintage Journey - Crazy for Autumn Colour
Country View Challenges October - Mixed Media With Autumnal Hues 

15 comments:

Judy Woodland said...

This is just a wonderful mixed media piece, and also a wonderful Halloween inspiration. Lots of work here, and so well executed. Beautiful!!! Great take on the challenge, thanks so much for playing along with us this week over at Just Us Girls!
Judy~ JUGS DT and Challenge Host

Denise Bryant said...

Love the textures and embellishments! Great project! Happy Halloween!
U.S.

sharon g said...

That is SUCH a great idea. I am going to make one between now and next Halloween. I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mary Holshouser said...

this is fangtastic.
The frame has been distressed
to match the raven so well.
Love the use of the pin and ribbons
on top.
thanks for sharing
Happy halloween
Illinois.

BethW said...

Perfect way to end the month-your creation is WOW! I have this stamp. Now I know exactly how I want to use it. This is my kind of crafting. Hope you a safe and Happy Halloween. Thank you for all your amazing inspiration.

cghundley said...

Fabulous looking frame
and love the bling and
colors.
Carla from Utah

Susan Renshaw said...

Gorgeous make!!

Bonnie Irvine said...

Wow! Seriously wow! I love what you have done to alter this frame. It's gorgeous and so detailed. Fabulous. Happy Halloween!
Bonnie (LeighSBDesigns DT)

Tee said...

Wow! love your altered frame! Beautiful attention to detail! Awesome! Happy Halloween!

Verna Angerhofer said...

That's a wonderful alteration project you did using the frame. Great for Halloween too!

Ros Crawford said...

Very spooky and so brilliantly done with the contrast of shades!

Catherine said...

I love how you transformed an old photo frame. The colors are amazing. The image along with all the embellishments work perfectly together. Amazing! Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.

Cathie ♥

Julia Aston said...

What a delightfully spooky Halloween frame! love the shimmery alcohol ink colors on the black - and your eerie bow at the top! thanks for joining us in the AVJ Autumn Colors challenge! Julia xx

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

The finish on that frame is just frightfully fabulous! What a treat this project is! Thanks so much for joining the fun at the Frilly and Funkie Trick or Treat Challenge!

Unknown said...

This is absolutely stunning!

.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... All content, except where stated (including text, photographs and designs), is copyright of Asia King (Creative Spell Designs). I share my artwork for personal inspiration only. I don’t mind if you copy any of my designs for your own personal use, providing you give me credit by referring to my blog. You may not however copy my designs and photographs for contests and publications entries (online or otherwise) or to sell in either handmade or printed form. You may not copy my designs and photographs for advertising & commercial purposes, without my prior permission. Thank you for your understanding.
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Craft Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory blog button flower Photobucket Crafty Blogs

Let's Tweet!

Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 Under a creative spell, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena