Friday 12 December 2014

Artful Christmas - Art Anthology And Stampendous Blog Hop Finale


Festive greetings to all! :) I hope you are well my friends and are enjoying getting ready for Christmas!

But Christmas preparations aside, this week the Design Teams at Stampendous and Art Anthology have been playing together to create beautiful items with rubber stamping and paints. Oh boy, what an amazing week it's been so far -  if you've missed all the wonderful projects be sure to check them all out.
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday 
Thursday

And today it's our big blog hop finale! Along with the inspiration we have prepared some awesome prizes packages for the 'happy hoppers'. Here is what you could win:



Each of the three prize packages will consist of:
Stampendous Creative Palette Monoprinting Plate
$20 Stampendous Gift Card
6 X 9 Art Anthology Stencil
1 - Colorations Spray
1 - Dimensional Paint
1 - Dimesional Crystal

To be in with a chance of winning hop along the participating blogs and leave some love. The more comments you leave, the higher your chance of to win (NB. the winner must have a US shipping address).

And here is my inspiration for today. A bit of a change from my Tuesday's vintage mixed media Santa card, don't you think? Today I have a trio of CAS (clean and simple) Christmas cards with spray paints, Frantage and stamps. Uhmmm... delicious!

I created the backgrounds by spraying Art Anthology Heart Color Spray onto white card. Then I sprayed pools of paint onto my craft mat and used them to ink my Stampendous Jumbo Snowflake Trio stamps. BTW. Did you know that the Snowflake Trio stamps coordinate with the new Snowflake Die Set? Pretty cool if you ask me! :) 

So I repeatedly stamped my snowflakes over the sprayed background and I moped any leftover colour with my handy cheese cloth, which just happened to make its way onto my cards! :) 




I trimmed the background panels to fit my A5 size card blanks and I sprinkled some Frantage Shabby White Embossing Enamel in the centres and heated the powders from underneath.

Once the powders were melted, I again inked my snowflake stamp with the Heart Color Spray to have them ready for the next step. Next I remelted the embossing powders with a heat tool and quickly stamped the inky snowflake impression into the hot enamel. I let it rest for 2 seconds then lifted the stamp up to reveal an amazing textured impression in the enamel. This is such a cool technique - I absolutely love it!


Finally, I adhered the backgrounds to the card bases with Creative Photo Corners in White and Crafty Power Tape. I added some sentiments stamped with Black Archival ink (Believe Christmas, Rare And Wonderful, Christmas Air) and some 3D Foam Snowflakes sprinkled with Crystal Micro Glitter.

OK, ready to do some hopping? Here's who's playing today:

Asia King (you are here)


Thank you for stopping by today and for all your lovely comments. 

Big crafty hugs



Follow on Bloglovin
♥ Follow Me On Bloglovin'

38 comments:

Jade said...

This is a really cool card, Asia. The inky snowflake stamp did leave an amazing textured impression in the enamel!

Astrid Maclean said...

Beautiful, I adore the colours and the addition of the cheese cloth give it that perfect vintage shabby touch, love this!

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Like the artsy look and color.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"

Jackie PN said...

How wonderfully magical Joanna!! I have been waiting all week to see what you would create- and you never disappoint!!")

Heather said...

delicious is right! wow, I love how you used the photo corners also. very pretty!

Unknown said...

Oh my!! This is beautiful!! I love it! Thank you!!

Sabrina said...

Such a gorgeous tag!!!

Lyn Bernatovich said...

Gorgeous card Asia! Love the pink tones, all the wonderful dimension and texture!!!

Unknown said...

This is soooo beautiful!!! Thanks for sharing your talent with us!!!!

Ros Crawford said...

Love a pink Christmas card ... this is fabulous!!

Yolanda said...

Gorgeous. Love the interesting effects and textures.

Shari Czerwinski said...

Delicious indeed! Love the background :)

MvM-design said...

Love the red with white colors!! Beautiful! :)

Mary Holshouser said...

These are beautiful. Love the bright pinks. The spray painting is a fun idea.
thanks for sharing some wonderful cards.

barbara macaskill said...

WOW! This is absolutely magical!! Makes me think of candy canes and happy dreams!! Love everything about it!! TFS!

P Beatty said...

How beautiful! Who knew snowflakes could look so good! Thanks for sharing.

Tarnished Rose said...

Gorgeous cards.

Marilyn

HelenM said...

beautiful!!!

Marianne/skorpionen said...

So beautiful and really love the background!

Teresa Godines #6857 said...

Stunning!!!! I love the colors and textures. TFS

D.Ann C said...

Love the dimensional effects!

Martice Smith said...

Great textures and soft colors!

Katia said...

I'm stunning with this beautiful card!!!

cghundley said...

Wow, how gorgeous!
Love the techniques
used and the cheese
cloth being put on
the cards!!
Carla from Utah

JPScraps said...

These are GORGEOUS!

Unknown said...

The background I'd gorgeous.

Jean said...

Wow - simply stunning!

Judy said...

Beautiful indeed. Thanks for sharing your techniques with us.

Iris said...

So gorgeous.
isoscia at aol dot com

Nikki W said...

Gorgeous, lots of hints and tips too - thanks :) Love the embossing enamel ...

Viki Banaszak said...

I love the swirly color on your card.

TracyM #6773 said...

GORGEOUS cards!!!
The backgrounds are ABSOLUTELY STUNNING, DELIGHTFUL sentiments - LOVE THEM ALL!!!

Unknown said...

I love the background! Wonderful job. It is my favorite card of the hop!

Janis said...

Oh, my goodness....this is soooooooooooo pretty!! Loving pink for Christmas this year, so I was immediately attracted. The stenciled snowflakes and the frantage are fabulous!!!
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
GIVEAWAY at www.HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

Katie said...

Beautiful cards! Love how pretty they are and how easy the process seems...well if you can put it all together! Which you can!! :) Thanks for sharing.

Katie B.

Stampendous said...

So gorgeous! I love the spray of paint and stamping, but using up the paint on cheesecloth is genius! Thank you for playing in the hop with Art Anthology!

Sue D said...

Beautiful!
Sue in ohio

Unknown said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... All content, except where stated (including text, photographs and designs), is copyright of Asia King (Creative Spell Designs). I share my artwork for personal inspiration only. I don’t mind if you copy any of my designs for your own personal use, providing you give me credit by referring to my blog. You may not however copy my designs and photographs for contests and publications entries (online or otherwise) or to sell in either handmade or printed form. You may not copy my designs and photographs for advertising & commercial purposes, without my prior permission. Thank you for your understanding.
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Craft Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory blog button flower Photobucket Crafty Blogs

Let's Tweet!

Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 Under a creative spell, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena