Tuesday 9 December 2014

Letter To Santa From Art Anthology And Stampendous


Ho ho ho my dear Friends! Welcome to the totally mixed-medialicious blog team up from Stampendous and Art Anthology! Oh, we are having so much fun this week playing with lovely stamps and paints - what can be more enjoyable than smooshing silky, dimensional paints around and adding some rubber stampin'?

Yes, we're loving it and we hope you will, too! We've got lots of inspiration prepared for your viewing pleasure, lots of helpful tips and ideas.

And to make this collaboration even more fun, we have prizes! There will be three lucky winners, each will receive a superb mixed media prize pack: 

$20 Stampendous Gift Card
6 X 9 Art Anthology Stencil
1 - Colorations Spray 
1 - Dimensional Paint 
1 - Dimesional Crystal

To be in with a chance of winning, visit the participating blogs playing throughout the week and leave some love (yes, we love comments, your kind words make us really happy and fill our creative hearts with joy!). The more love you leave, the more chances to win (NB. the winner must have a US shipping address). You have until the end of Sunday 14th December to enter.


Now onto my inspiration. This is my second take on the  Jumbo Dear Santa stamp, which I absolutely adore. My previous sparkly Christmas Santa card had more of a 'colourful shabby chic' vibe. This time I opted for a textured art journal-ish style but still in keeping with a vintage look I was after.



I started by creating a background for my card using the paints, inks, stamps and the Bubble stencil. Here is my finished background.


Supplies:

Stampendous: snowflakes stamp from Jumbo Penguin Snow, script stamp from Stack Art Angel Wings Kit
Art Anthology: Heart and Silk Tie Color Sprays, Stone Effects - Sand Stone, Sorbet - Kenyan Copper, Velvet - Lemon Tart; Bubbles stencil



I cut some scrap pieces of patterned paper to form a Christmas tree and adhered it to the background with Adhesive Sheets. I stenciled the baubles through the Bubbles stencil with Kenyan Copper paint. The star was painted with the Lemon Tart.

Next I stamped the Jumbo Dear Santa onto kraft card and coloured it with Inktense pencils. I added some accent highlights to the Santa's suit with the Kenyan Copper paint - I love shimmer paints and this one is supper yummy! I popped the Santa onto some 3D Foam Squares and adhered him to the card.

To finish the card I added some rub-ons, banner and cut of words (from Prima flowers packaging).

Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L: Adhesive Sheets 6x12"3D Foam Pennants3D Foam Squares - Mix WhiteCrafty Power Tape.

Other: Inktense Pencils, Echo Park Lovely Notables papers, Finnabair Prima - Vintage Vanity, Opaque Cotton White StazOn ink, Black Archival ink, Dylusions White Linen ink spray, Maya Road Calendar rub-ons.

Soooo... playing today are:
Asia King (that's me!)


Thanks for stopping by and for all your lovely comments! Happy hoppin'!

Big hugs 




Follow on Bloglovin
♥ Follow Me On Bloglovin'

41 comments:

Unknown said...

So much work went into this card. It is awesome!!

Ina Good said...

Like the vintage feel of your card very much.

Diana said...

LOVE your page!!

Shari Czerwinski said...

Love the vintage card and that background is gorgeous!

barbara macaskill said...

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE the background! This card is absolutely gorgeous and every little detail adds so much to it!!! LOVELOVELOVE TFS!

Anonymous said...

Stamping Santa on the kraft is a great idea. Hadn't thought of that before but I'll be doing it now. the white edges left from the cutting and stamping on white paper always look so stark.
Love the project. The Christmas tree is cute.
thanks for sharing.

Tarnished Rose said...

Love the card!
Marilyn

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Like the many variety of things to look at on this wonderful Santa card.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"

Viki Banaszak said...

I really like this. The tree made of strips of paper is so sweet.

MvM-design said...

Love your page !!

Unknown said...

I love this mixed media stuff! The layers, colors, textures, and ideas. What a wonderful job you did on this. If I received it I would frame it! It's just that good.

Kristine Reynolds said...

Zoo much work went into to this! Beautiful!

Kristine Reynolds said...

Zoo much work went into to this! Beautiful!

Unknown said...

That fat Santa stamp is the bomb! Love your card.

HelenM said...

an adorable santa!!

Janis said...

Love all the shimmer and shine on that fabulous background. Everything looks wonderful and festive!!!
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
GIVEAWAY at www.HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

Katia said...

Is a super beautiful card, I love it!

Yolanda said...

I love the vintage feel of this card.

Yolanda said...

I love the vintage feel.

Jade said...

I love this Dear Santa stamp and the Art Anthology paints, sprays, effects and shimmers! You colored up Santa beautifully using your Inktense Pencils.

Suzi said...

I have so much to learn, but would totally love to get inky like this!

Teresa Godines #6857 said...

Super pretty. I love how you decorated the tree. TFS

Heather said...

very beautiful background!! just overall lovely. Great card!!

Tenia Nelson said...

LOVE!!!

Redd Robin Studios said...

Such a cute card!

Pat Moore said...

Amazing background. Great total look

Ros Crawford said...

Wow!! This is fabulous!!

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh!! How incredible!! I love your card! Stack art is amazing, is it not? Great job! Thank you!

JPScraps said...

I love the card!

Unknown said...

love love love

Con said...

wow this is a fantastic card with so many elements of design...<3 it, thanks, con

Marianne/skorpionen said...

Love Your artsy card!!

Diana said...

loving all the layers in the making of this fab card!

Martice Smith said...

LOVE the initial background!! Wow! Every single layer adds some great impact :)

Katie said...

Oh my gosh, that background is awesome!! Love it. And I love how your tree turned out too. Great project! Thanks for sharing.

Katie B.

Stampendous said...

This is magical and fun, just what a child would dream. Love the colored Santa on kraft paper. Thank you for sharing in the hop with Art Anthology this week!

P Beatty said...

Awesome background!

Iris said...

Beautiful card - love the Santa and the tree.
isoscia at aol dot com

TracyM #6773 said...

FABULOUS card!!!
LOVE the background & tree, LOVE Santa too, you have created great dimension with your coloring!!!

MONICA said...

Really love your card...love the color palette and the texture...

Awesome

Sue D said...

Love the tree.
sue in Ohio

.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... All content, except where stated (including text, photographs and designs), is copyright of Asia King (Creative Spell Designs). I share my artwork for personal inspiration only. I don’t mind if you copy any of my designs for your own personal use, providing you give me credit by referring to my blog. You may not however copy my designs and photographs for contests and publications entries (online or otherwise) or to sell in either handmade or printed form. You may not copy my designs and photographs for advertising & commercial purposes, without my prior permission. Thank you for your understanding.
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Craft Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory blog button flower Photobucket Crafty Blogs

Let's Tweet!

Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 Under a creative spell, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena