Wednesday 14 January 2015

Craft and Hobby Association 2015 Project: Mixed Media Dragonflies - Part 1


Hello Friends! I hope you are all well and keeping safely away from the strong winds and rain. I have been snuggling indoors, doing a little bit of crafting and also working on a new look for my blog. You know, new year, new hair, new blog design...etc lol. Please bear with me if things look a tad strange for a while - it's still work in progress.

Today over at Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L's blog I am sharing a first installment of a three-piece project I created for their display booth at the CHA 2015. Here is a picture of my ensemble to give you a flavour of what's coming :).

First up - a canvas. I would be delighted if you found a moment to hop over to the blog to read how I created my canvas. My second installment will be shared on January 28th :).

This project is a new take on my dry decoupage technique from the altered mixed media vanity box I shared back in May 2014.


Supplies by Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L®:

Adhesive Sheets - 12x12", DODZ™ - Small, DODZ™ - 3D, Thin 3D Foam Squares - Mix White, 3D Foam Squares - White Mix, Crafty Foam Tape - White, 3D Foam Pennants

Other supplies:

Stampendous Discover Today Perfectly Clear stamps, Stampendous NK Studio Wired Rubber stamp, canvas, printed napkins, various embellishments and findings, paper flowers, buttons, cheese cloth


Media:

Stampendous Boss Gloss, Stampendous Periwinkle and Aqua embossing powders, DecoArt Americana Metallic Oyster Pearl and Spa Blue acrylic paints, Ranger Ink Perfect Pearls (Baby Blue, Petal Pink, Buttercup), Prima Color Bloom sprays (Soft Teal, Summer Sky), Tattered Angels Glimmer Mists (Peach Delight, Lemon Zest, Black Cherry, Iridescent Gold), Gold Cosmic Shimmer Mist, Tsukineko StazOn (Jet Black, Blue Hawaii), white gesso

Thank you for stopping by today and don't forget to pop back on the 28th to see the rest of my CHA assemble! :)

Big crafty hugs








Follow on Bloglovin
♥ Follow Me On Bloglovin'

Challenges for this project:
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Inky Background

7 comments:

The Sparkly Fairy said...

These are stunning!

Ros Crawford said...

This is breath taking!! I adore the colours your used and the lovely embellishments.
How lovely that you work is being shown at CHA!! Well done to you and I love the new look blog too!

KT Fit Kitty said...

Beautiful!

Joanna Wiśniewska said...

Wspaniale kolory! Na pewno bardzo milo jest widziec swoje prace tak wyeksponowanee :):)

barbara macaskill said...

How lovely!!! Headed over to the blog to read all about it and I can't wait till the 28th to see the next part!!! TFS!

Ellie Knol said...

Joanna, I've seen this on another blog - can't remember where, LOL - but it caught ny eye straight away...

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

This is absolutely lovely! What a wonderful piece to make me feel happy even as the cold weather continues to rage! I adore your color palette and find it so soothing, yet energetic. The techniques you used were fantastic and it's no surprise that your work was displayed at CHA. Congrats on that! I also loved the sentiment and the soft and subtle changes between color schemes. You did a remarkable job on this and I'm so glad you shared it with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... All content, except where stated (including text, photographs and designs), is copyright of Asia King (Creative Spell Designs). I share my artwork for personal inspiration only. I don’t mind if you copy any of my designs for your own personal use, providing you give me credit by referring to my blog. You may not however copy my designs and photographs for contests and publications entries (online or otherwise) or to sell in either handmade or printed form. You may not copy my designs and photographs for advertising & commercial purposes, without my prior permission. Thank you for your understanding.
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Craft Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory blog button flower Photobucket Crafty Blogs

Let's Tweet!

Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 Under a creative spell, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena