“You’re only here for a short visit. Don’t hurry, don’t worry. And be sure to smell the flowers along the way. ” 1956 The Walter Hagen Story
What a lovely quote, don't you think? :). And that's exactly what we're doing at Stampendous HQ this week - we're smelling the flowers! And here is my floral offering for today :).
Stampendous: R2183 Timeless Rose, S5071 PenPattern Butterflies, DCS5071 Butterflies Die Cut Set, EKM01 Pastel Pink Ultra Fine Glitter (Stack Art Elements - Silence Kit)
MEM01 Memento™ Tuxedo Black Ink by Tsukineko® SSH57 Jumbo Perfectly Clear™ Acrylic Handle
Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L®: 3D Foam Squares – White, Regular; E-Z Runner® Permanent Strips; DODZ™ – 3D; DODZ™ – Small; Adhesive Sheets
Plus: Cardstock by Bazill Basics Paper®, patterned papers, old bookpages, vellum, shopping tags,
All A Flutter embossing folder by Couture Creations, ribbon by May Arts, fabric flowers, DIY moulded flowers, gems
Media: STAEDTLER® ergosoft® watercolour pencils, Liquid Pearls (Petal Pink, Buttercup)
1. Prepare a tall card base, cover with patterned paper and add some machine or faux stitching along the edges.
2. Cut two smaller rectangles from cardstock and use as mats for one vellum and one bookpage panels.
3. Emboss vellum with All A Flutter folder and add Liquid Pearls to the raised areas for added dimension.
4. Stamp Timeless Rose onto bookpage panel and colour with pencils.
5. Add both panels to the card as shown and mount over foam squares.
6. Stamp PenPattern Butterfly onto cream cardstock, die cut and cover with Adhesive Sheet.
7. Sprinkle the butterfly with Pastel Pink glitter, add gems and adhere to the card. Add detail with Liquid Pearls.
8. Finish the card with Liquid Pearls, shopping tags, ribbon, gems, flowers and fussy cut butterflies. Adhere with DODZ.
I love flowers - who doesn't? :) And I love floral stamps. That's why I feel so blessed to be part of the Stampendous family as we have 'bucket-loads' of beautiful floral images and I get to play with them all! Pure awesomness!
So why don't you have a quick look at what my DT Sisters have been creating this week with their floral picks!
And sharing today:
I hope my post have inspired you to pick up your favourite floral stamps and create something to make Spring come quicker :). Thank you for stopping by today and your lovely comments letting me know you've been. They are all so much appreciated :).
Big crafty hugs
♥ Follow Me On Bloglovin'
Challenges for this card:
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes
Crafting For All Seasons #94 - Things With Wings
The Paper Shelter Challenge Blog #188 - Lots of Layers
Penny's Challenge #212 - Anything Goes
Party Time Tuesdays #194 - Anything Goes