Saturday 14 February 2015

I'm So Tuned Into You - Happy Valentine's Day!

YYY Happy Valentine's Day! YYY

I know I've been a bit quiet recently... I've been having some health troubles keeping me away from the computer and I am awfully behind on blogging and visiting... I apologise for that my friends! But let me assure you that I really miss visiting your beautiful blogs and I will catch up on my visits as soon as things start looking up...!

I couldn't however let the 'troubles' take over completely, especially with the Valentine's Day coming up! My hubby has been absolutely wonderful and really supportive (as he always is!) so I wanted to create something really special, to show him how grateful I am to have him in my life.


My hubby looooves vintage radios (actually, I do, too!) and he has quite a few old radios in his 'little' collection. So I wanted to create something that would capture the 'retro tune' vibes. And as it happens, today I my posting day over at Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L's blog and I am sharing this Vintage Radio card and a tutorial. Yay!

I would really appreciate it if you found a moment to pop over there to see my tutorial.

Supplies used:

Adhesive Sheets 4x6", E-Z Runner® Permanent Strips, 3D Foam Squares - Black, Regular, 3D Foam Squares - Black, Small, DODZ™ - 3D, 3D Foam Hearts, Texture Ribbons (Donna Salazar with Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L)


Other supplies:

Stampendous Tiny Alphabet and Vintage Lowercase Perfectly Clear stamps, White Detail Embossing Powder, Deep Impressions Chunky Embossing Enamel (clear), Boss Gloss, Maroon Micro Glitter

Sizzix Tags Round dies and Spellbinders Blossom Die; Monte Paper Mill Take2 papers, Maya Road Calendar rub-ons, clear embossing ink, Tim Holtz Ideaology Game Spinners and fasteners, small metal clock face from a hand watch, Tim Holtz Distress Inks/Stains (Mustard Seed, Rusty Hinge, Wild Honey), suede twine (May Arts)


Thank you so much for popping in here today and for any kind comments you'd like to share. I really look forward to seeing what you've all been up to lately and I hope I will be able to do so very very soon!

Big Valentine's Hugs

Asia King Blog signature_small

Follow on Bloglovin
♥ Follow Me On Bloglovin'

Challenges for this card: 
Live and Love Crafts #32 - Hearts
A Vintage Journey - Tic Tac Toe (twine/die cuts/stains)
The Shabby Tea Room #245 - I [heart] You
Our Creative Corner - Tic Tac Toe (metal/die cuts/embossing powder & embossing powder/stamps/twine)

17 comments:

Esther said...

Really hope your health improves soon..xxx Love the radio card...Take care...Esther xx

Unknown said...

This is so wonderful. Really does look amazing my friend. I do hope you feel better soon.

Happy Valentines Day..

Hugs~

sweetbriardreams said...

Hi Asia, lovely to meet you and thanks for popping by my blog too! I do hope your health improves very soon and you are spoilt rotten today on Valentines Day :-) Have a wonderful evening (it's very soggy out there!) xx

Crafting Queen said...

Great card, bet your hubby loves it. Sorry to hear you have not been well, hope things improve soon.

Julie's Lifestyle said...

Hi Asia and Happy Valentine's Day. I do hope you feel better. I really love the beautiful card you made for your husband. Take care.
Julie

Rebecca Deeprose said...

Oh you clever crafter Asia!!! So glad you joined us at the Shabby Tea Room with your delightful and creative Valentine! Hugs, Rebecca

Unknown said...

Hi Joanna...so sorry to hear you've had some health problems and I really hope you will feel better soon. What an inspired card !...I love it...given me loads of ideas...visiting your blog is always an inspiration so thank you for sharing. Sending you loads of crafty hugs xxx

Annie said...

Great make Asia...I am sure your husband loved it. Thank you for joining in with us at AVJ this fortnight

Annie x

Tracy Welham said...

Oh this is awesome, love it! Creative Blessings, Tracy x
If you like to enter challenges you may like to join in The Sisters of Craft monthly blog challenge - always anything goes. :-)

Ros Crawford said...

What an amazingly fantastic creation!! I bet hubby was thrilled!! I love the concept! Feel better soon my friend...

Unknown said...

Hi Joanna,
Hope you're feeling better by now. This is such a cool, unusual project. Very cool sentiment as well. Thanks for joining LLC for our hearts challenge.

Hugz, Sandy
Owner & Operator @Live & Love Crafts

Julia S-W said...

A really lovely, unique card which I'm sure was loved by your Husband. Hope you are feeling better now.Thanks so much for joining my Tic Tac Toe challenge at Our Creative Corner. Juliax

Julia Aston said...

What a fun creative design! love this vintage radio - a perfect card for your DH!! Those buttons work perfectly for the knobs - I think I have some just like it in my button box!! thanks so much for joining us in the AVJ Tic Tac Toe Challenge Asia!

Words and Pictures said...

So sorry to hear you've been unwell - it's lovely to see you here with this amazing creation. So clever! Thanks so much for joining us on A Vintage Journey.
Alison xx

Jenny Marples said...

So sorry to hear you've been poorly. I hope you are now on the road to recovery. What a wonderful idea for marking Valentine's Day. Love the whole vintage look to this. Thank you for joining us at A Vintage Journey. Jenny x

Donna Heber said...

Hi Asia,

I just love your Valentine's Day card. It is so unique! I hope you feel better soon my friend.

Stephanie said...

This is one of the cutest and sweetest cards I have ever seen - I love it, dear Asia :)

I hope you are feeling better, my dear. Thanks so much for sharing at ROI. Hugs to you!

.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... All content, except where stated (including text, photographs and designs), is copyright of Asia King (Creative Spell Designs). I share my artwork for personal inspiration only. I don’t mind if you copy any of my designs for your own personal use, providing you give me credit by referring to my blog. You may not however copy my designs and photographs for contests and publications entries (online or otherwise) or to sell in either handmade or printed form. You may not copy my designs and photographs for advertising & commercial purposes, without my prior permission. Thank you for your understanding.
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Craft Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory blog button flower Photobucket Crafty Blogs

Let's Tweet!

Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 Under a creative spell, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena