Wednesday 28 December 2016

A Christmas Wish to All - Part 2

Hello Friends! I hope you had an amazing Christmas period, enjoyed together with your family and friends. Ours was lovely, too - spent with family, friends and... a leaking radiator! Not exactly my choice of Christmas entertainment if you ask me but it could've been worse :). We moved into our new home earlier this year and the house is still throwing surprises at us here and there!

As promised, here's the second companion from my Christmas Lights set - in my previous post I shared this Christmas lantern and I have one more item to share :).

I love how church candles can be altered with stamped images - they can easily transform ordinary candles into magical ornaments. I've previously shared on my blog another set of altered Christmas candles and I also have one in my Easter Home Decor set.

Shabby chic DIY handmade Christmas ornament
Stamped images can easily transform ordinary candles into magical ornaments
For my altered candle I stamped this beautiful image onto tissue paper and I coloured it with Spectrum Noir markers first. I also used the alcohol ink markers and an air spritzer to give my Crystal Angel a whimsical look. Then I adhered the image to the candle by gently melting the tissue into the wax.

Alcohol ink markers Spectrum Noir with Air spritzer
Use alcohol ink markers and an air spritzer for a whimsical look
To melt tissue into the wax evenly, wrap the candle tightly with grease-proof paper, carefully heat with a heat gun until the image underneath looks sharper and continue to hold the sheet until the wax cools down.

As a finishing touch, I added a glittered 3D foam snowflake, some handmade poinsettia flowers with glass glitter 3D DODZ centres and some lace and seam binding ribbons.

Sizzix Tim Holtz Tattered Poinsettia cutting die
Add handmade poinsettia flowers, ribbons and lace to create a shabby chic look
Supplies:
Memento Ink: Tuxedo Black
Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L®: 3D Foam Snowflakes; 3D DODZ
Sizzix Tim Holtz Alterations Die: Tattered Poinsettia
Crafters Companion: Spectrum Noir Alcohol Markers
Church candle
Seam binding ribbon
Pearl lace
Cheese cloth
Spray of foam berries
Decorative pins
Tissue paper
Air spritzer tool

I hope you've enjoyed today's post. Thank you for stopping by and for your lovely comments!

Big hugs

Asia King Blog signature_small
I would like to enter the following challenges:
Mixed Media Place - December mood board
Country View Challenges - Christmas
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Make It Sparkle
Fashionable Stamping Challenges - Anything Goes
Mixed Media Monthly Blog Challenge - Merry and Bright


11 comments:

brenda said...

It's a really beautiful candle Joanna and the stamping and colouring transferred perfectly, many thanks for joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.

B x

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

This is absolutely stunning Joanna. The stamp is a real beauty and you've coloured her to perfection. I really like the gentle pastels colours that you've used too. I don't think that you could have used anything better to be transferred onto a candle and what a perfect gift, I love it! Thank you for sharing it with us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges. Sandra x

Leanne Harris said...

What a lovely candle you have altered here Joanna - the tissue has melted on beautifully and I enjoyed reading how you did it, it gives a real feeling of calmness - well done! Thank you for sharing this with us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges,
Leanne DT.

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous candle Asia, the image is beautiful and the colors and sparkle are perfect :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
luv
Lols x x x

Gayatri said...

WOW! Absolutely beautiful! Magical I should say. Love it. Gorgeous card. Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge. Happy New Year to you! Gayatri xx

Ros Crawford said...

This is beautiful Asia!! I'm glad you had a good Christmas despite the house problem ... We went offline on the 17th and it was a nightmare... Only got connected again last night so I am so happy to be back and able to visit!
I hope you have a great New Year!

Hazel Agnew said...

A wonderful idea Asia. Your candle is beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Country View Crafts.

scrappymo! said...

This is so beautiful. I must give this a try!

Tracy Welham said...

Such a pretty candle. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

talkis23 said...

Amazing creation wow lovely thanks for playing at Mixed Media Place challenge !!!

Tusia Lech said...

Beautiful! Thank you for playing along with us at Mixed Media Place!

.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... All content, except where stated (including text, photographs and designs), is copyright of Asia King (Creative Spell Designs). I share my artwork for personal inspiration only. I don’t mind if you copy any of my designs for your own personal use, providing you give me credit by referring to my blog. You may not however copy my designs and photographs for contests and publications entries (online or otherwise) or to sell in either handmade or printed form. You may not copy my designs and photographs for advertising & commercial purposes, without my prior permission. Thank you for your understanding.
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Craft Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory blog button flower Photobucket Crafty Blogs

Let's Tweet!

Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 Under a creative spell, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena