Sunday 25 December 2016

A Christmas Wish to All - Part 1

Hello Friends! I've been promising to get back into regular blogging routine and this is still to happen - please forgive me! Hopefully I will be a much better blogger in the New Year! :)

For now, please allow me to wish you all a very happy Christmas, full of love, peace and kindness and also hope that the magic of Christmas can conquer any obstacles and sadness that may be thrown your way. May this festive season be the happiest one ever, one to remember for years to come!

As I haven't done much Christmas crafting this year I thought I would share with you a winter project that appeared in the December 2015 issue of the Craft Stamper magazine. This is actually a trio of mixed media/altered items and today I'm kicking it off with this altered winter lantern. The idea was inspired by the Halloween altered lantern I created some time ago.


If you have an old lantern that has suffered some damage to the glass panes, this is a perfect up-cycling opportunity. You can alter and decorate the lantern to your heart's content, just like I did with layers of 3D foam shapes, crackle paste, paints and DIY shimmer mists. I make my mists quite subtle as I use them more for vintage ageing and delicate shimmer than for intense colour tinting.



You can also replace the glass panels with illusion film sheets - they reflect the light beautifully and guarantee an attention-grabbing look to the whole project. And yes, they are also perfect for stamping! I found that StazOn ink works great on them and the stamped image shows through on both sides. If you want to add more colour to your images, I recommend using alcohol markers on the reverse (unstamped) side – as the markers will make the StazOn ink smudge. The blending pen will then help you move the colour around the image.


The final touches were made with textural snow (toned down with paints after it was dry) and Glossy Accents glittered icicles. To embellish my lantern I added cheese cloth, seam binding ribbon and handmade poinsettia flowers.



Supplies:
Stampendous: Cling Sweater Snowman, Cling Sweater Square, Crystal Micro Glitter, Champagne Crushed Glass Glitter, Spoonful of Pixie Dust
StazOn Ink: Jet Black
StazOn Ink: Emerald Sky
Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L®: 3D Foam Stars, 3D Foam Snowflakes, DODZ 3D
Donna Salazar with Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L®: Pigment Powder - Gold, Pink, Brown
DecoArt Dazzling Metallics ®: Oyster Pearl, Silver Sage, White Pearl
DecoArt Americiana Decor ® Chalky Finish: Everlasting
DecoArt Snow-Tex, Texture Crackle

Sizzix Tim Holtz Alterations Die: Tattered Poinsettia
Crafters Companion: Spectrum Noir Alcohol Markers
Rowlux: White Moire Illusion Film
Glossy Accents
Lantern
Seam binding ribbon
Cheese cloth
Spray of foam berries

Thank you so much for stopping by and for any kind words you'd like to share to let me know you've been here :).

With big warm hugs
Asia King Blog signature_small

I would like to enter the following challenges:
Mixed Media Place - December mood board
Country View Challenges - Christmas
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Make It Sparkle
Fashionable Stamping Challenges - Anything Goes
Mixed Media Monthly Blog Challenge - Merry and Bright

15 comments:

Samra said...

Gorgeous lantern!!!
Can't wait to see your new work in the new year...
Happy Holidays my dear!
Hugs
Samra
Paper Talk with Samra

Astrid Maclean said...

A stunning lantern!!
Hope you had a fantastic Christmas! xxx

Sandy said...

So beautiful!
Sandy xx

Melissa Bove said...

Oh wow! I love this! Just beautiful!! Fabulous work!!

Happy New Year!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa

Jane said...

What a beautiful lantern. It's perfect for our Christmas challenge over at Country View. Thanks for joining in with the fun x Jane DT

scrappymo! said...

Wonderful lantern. It is so festive and yet so pretty too! Loving all the snow.

Corrie Herriman said...

This is gorgeous ! Thank you for joining us over at Country View Challenges !
Corrie x

Caro´s kreative Welt said...

Wow, this is very great. Beautiful design.
Thanks for sharing at FSC.
Greeting Carola

Tsaima Eirini said...

Lovely work with so many details!! Love every single detail of it…Good luck and thank you for joining us at MMP.

SewPaperPaint said...

This is beautiful beyond words! An amazing winter design. Hugs, Autumn

Tracy Welham said...

Wow that's a wonderful creation! Creative Blessings, Tracy x

talkis23 said...

Amazing creatio lovely thanks for playing at Mixed Media Place challenge !!!

Ibarra Creations 4U said...

Hi Asia! Congrats on the publication and your lantern is gorgeous! I know exactly what you mean about not creating or blogging. That's my New Year's resolution: to do both more often. Well see how long that lasts. :)

Tusia Lech said...

How cute is that! Thank you for playing along with us at Mixed Media Place!

Unknown said...

So pretty... thanks for joining us at MMP xx

.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... All content, except where stated (including text, photographs and designs), is copyright of Asia King (Creative Spell Designs). I share my artwork for personal inspiration only. I don’t mind if you copy any of my designs for your own personal use, providing you give me credit by referring to my blog. You may not however copy my designs and photographs for contests and publications entries (online or otherwise) or to sell in either handmade or printed form. You may not copy my designs and photographs for advertising & commercial purposes, without my prior permission. Thank you for your understanding.
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Craft Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory blog button flower Photobucket Crafty Blogs

Let's Tweet!

Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 Under a creative spell, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena