Monday 13 March 2017

Stampendous and DecoArt - Meant To Bee Together!

Mixed media mono printing background
Hello and welcome to our new Stampendous and DecoArt blog hop! This is not the first time these two fabulous companies play together and it certainly will not be the last time. They share this special bond and (media) mix together perfectly. They have Attitude and they are perfect for altering every-day items! :-) Yes, they are meant to Bee together... but more on that in a moment...!

And since we are having a blog hop, we are going to treat you to droolingly gorgeous inspiration from both teams as well as SUPER AWESOME PRIZES!!!


Here's what you need to do to enter into a draw for the Mega Prizes!!!!! Comment to win one of three HUGE prize packages that includes Andy Skinner stamps and DecoArt Media™ Paint plus more! US winners only, please see Stampendous Official Contest Rules here for more details. Want to see all that’s in each prize package? Take a look below:

Stampendous:
ASCRS07 Cling Handle with Care
ASCRS08 Cling Skuldoggery
ASCRS09 Cling Unexplained

DecoArt:
Quinacridone Magenta
Cobalt Turquoise Hue
Cobalt Teal Hue
Primary Magenta
Transparent Yellow Iron Oxide
Paynes Gray
Carbon Black
Titanium White
Prussian Blue Hue
Phthalo Blue
Quinacridone Gold
Diarylide Yellow
Pyrrole Red
Green Gold
Primary Yellow Media Mister
Titanium White Antiquing Cream
Patina Antiquing Cream
8oz Bottle Lamp Black Americana Acrylic Paint

Now, onto my inspiration project. This is a card I made with one of my totally mixed media-licious backgrounds I shared a while ago on Instagram. I spent an afternoon playing with my Creative Palettes and layering paints onto scraps and Mixed Media Papers. I did some stenciling with sequin waste and bubble wraps as well as lots of stamping with bottle caps and building blocks. Whatever was to hand! In addition to regular white, gold and black acrylic paints I also used DecoArt Americana Acrylics in: Bright Yellow, Yellow Light, Pink Chiffon, Carousel Pink, Cadmium Orange and Country Red.



For my focal image I used Stampendous cling Time for Love which I stamped with Jet Black StazOn ink onto acetate and I coloured the image on the reverse side with Papermania metallic pens. I cut out the heart and mounted it onto the card with DODZ-3D so it would look as if it's floating above the detailed background, without getting lost within in. And you can still see the background layers between the cogs and rivets of the image :).


I also added some more stamping with the Honeycomb Wishes Perfectly Clear Stamps Set and I threw in a few cute little heart cogs for good measure.



That's all from me for today! More inspiration is waiting for you here:

Don't forget to leave some love on the participating blogs to be in with a change of winning one of those amazing prize bundles! Thank you for stopping by today and for all your lovely comments. Good luck everyone!

Big crafty hugs

Asia King Blog signature_small

Follow on Bloglovin
♥ Follow Me On Bloglovin'

38 comments:

Candy C said...

Asia, this is a beautiful creation! Love everything about it!

Unknown said...

Beautiful card. Love how you created the background.

Becca Yahrling said...

This is absolutely stunning! The background is totally awesome! And that stamp ... I had to put it on my wish list.

barbara macaskill said...

WOW! This is awesome! I love the Time for Love stamp and your background piece is divine!!! Great colors and textures! TFS!

creahetty said...

Love this mixed media project !

Laura Spano said...

I love all of the colors and layers here. And- I really should stop saying that I have enough stamps- because I NEED that one. Thank you for posting your tutorial, its lovely. I'm an instagram girl, so I'll have to check that out!

Sabrina said...

OH WOW!!!! Awesome background and fantastic card!!!!

Mary Holshouser said...

this is fantastic.
Love that the heart is floating.
It really pops off the card.
The use of the acetate was an
inspired idea.
thanks for sharing an amazing card.

C4G said...

LOVE it!

Monique's art said...

Stunning great job

Billie Dee said...

Beautiful and love the colors!

Jean said...

So pretty! Love the background and all of the details!

Amy Martin said...

Oh.. this is so pretty. The colors are great and i love that background and stamp. Amazing job.

Jeanne Beam said...

Awesome. Really beautiful background...

sharon g said...

I LOVE BEES! This is just my type!!!

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Beautiful piece...colors and textures are great. The stitching really adds so much to this piece of art.

Teresa Godines #6857 said...

Stunning piece. Love all of your elements. TFS

JPScraps said...

Love this! The colors are fantastic!!

Arty Beginnings said...

Really love your card, its beautiful and there is so much of interest to look at. But such a shame that as you are from our wonderful UK island, this competition isn't open to your fellow Brits. Rachel x

Melody said...

So many great details in this piece. Soft soothing colors.

Ros Crawford said...

What an amazing piece of art work this is!! It's beautiful!

Jackie PN said...

Asia, This is gorgeous!! Love your palette and the addition of the stitching...perfect!
Jackie ")

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Wow, that is awesome! You are so creative.

Michele K. Henderson said...

This is so cheerful and fun! I love the color combination and all the terrific details!

Tracey Magner said...

Asis, This is my first time to your blog, and I LOVE it. I LOVE your style. Also I think your name is so cool. Anyways, back to your card, WOW is what I have to say.. AMAZING, I hate to keep saying I love everything but I DO, this card is so cool and so my style. Whoever gets this in the mail will be blown away. Thank you for sharing this beautiful card. Tracey Magner.

Viki Banaszak said...

This is so pretty! I love the heart.

ellyscard creatief said...

Beautiful creation.

Linda Batson said...

Your card is phenomenal. I have ZERO talent,skills whatsoever when it comes to mixed media. But, it's so awesome following one that does.

Jackie P said...

Wow, beautiful project! Love the background and the great use of the acetate! Such a great idea! Thank you for sharing!

Carol said...

Really cool techniques, thanks for sharing these ideas!

Carol B
ciaoitalia2007(at)gmail(dot)com

Kim Faucher said...

This is stunning!!! I totally love all the yummy layering and gorgeous mix of colors and stamps with textural techniques!!!

Tracy said...

Asia its truly stunning, gorgeous colours xxxx

Michele H. said...

I absolutely LOVE this project using all the new paints and stamps! This is my favorite one on the blog hop! Thank you for sharing this amazing project!

B. Poteraj said...

Bees belong in any and all projects. They just make me happy. Nice job

april dawn said...

What a sweet piece.

Helen Gullett said...

That is fantastic art work!

cal8007 said...

I love everything about this project. Thanks for sharing your technique!

Hugs,
Carmen

McStamper said...

What beautiful art. Love the colors.

.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... All content, except where stated (including text, photographs and designs), is copyright of Asia King (Creative Spell Designs). I share my artwork for personal inspiration only. I don’t mind if you copy any of my designs for your own personal use, providing you give me credit by referring to my blog. You may not however copy my designs and photographs for contests and publications entries (online or otherwise) or to sell in either handmade or printed form. You may not copy my designs and photographs for advertising & commercial purposes, without my prior permission. Thank you for your understanding.
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Craft Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory blog button flower Photobucket Crafty Blogs

Let's Tweet!

Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 Under a creative spell, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena