Friday 17 March 2017

Stampendous and DecoArt - Medialicious Blog Hop Finale!

DIY handmade embellishments
Hello! And welcome to our Stampendous and DecoArt blog hop finale! We have been hopping (and hoping!) all week to bring you the latest, most awesome products, techniques and inspiration projects! I hope we didn't disappoint and oh boy, I have been drooling over the projects shared by both DTs! If you've missed my Steampunk heart card, that I shared on Monday, you can check it out here. Be sure to check out other projects shared this week as you don't want to miss out on this treat and on the fabulous prizes!

Here's what you need to do to enter into a draw for the Mega Prizes!!!!! Comment to win one of three HUGE prize packages that includes Andy Skinner stamps and DecoArt Media™ Paint plus more! US winners only, please see Stampendous Official Contest Rules here for more details. Want to see all that’s in each prize package? Take a look below:

Stampendous:

ASCRS07 Cling Handle with Care
ASCRS08 Cling Skuldoggery
ASCRS09 Cling Unexplained

DecoArt:
Quinacridone Magenta
Cobalt Turquoise Hue
Cobalt Teal Hue
Primary Magenta
Transparent Yellow Iron Oxide
Paynes Gray
Carbon Black
Titanium White
Prussian Blue Hue
Phthalo Blue
Quinacridone Gold
Diarylide Yellow
Pyrrole Red
Green Gold
Primary Yellow Media Mister
Titanium White Antiquing Cream
Patina Antiquing Cream
8oz Bottle Lamp Black Americana Acrylic Paint


Now, onto my today's make. For the focal point I used my all time favourite butterfly stamp from the Butterfly Trio set which I die cut using Butterfly Die Sets die. I stamped it with Sepia Archival ink and painted it with diluted acrylic paints.

vintage rusty butterfly card

My background was stenciled with paints over the Mandala Stencil and I added some stamping with the Script Lines and Andy Skinner's Unexplained Stamp Set. I distressed my background panels with paints and distressing tool.

rubber stamping tips

The sentiment is from the Bible Promises Perfectly Clear Stamp Set which I heat embossed with Detail Black Embossing Powder.

vintage sparkly ribbon

My butterfly was inspired by this gorgeous canvas from Kirsten Sheridan. The little plastic spoon was painted with acrylic paints before it received a Fran-tage Magic treatment with Copper Lux Mix and Champagne Crushed Glass Glitter. This is how it looked before the paints/Fran-tage make over...


And that's after the make-over...:-)

Mixed media upcycling assemblage

To finish off my card I added some splatters with Perfect Pearls Mist in Heirloom Gold.

DecoArt paints used: Americana Country Red, Bittersweet Chocolate, Milk Chocolate, Island Blue, Golden Straw and Media Fluid Acrylic Quinacridone Gold (perfect for vintage rusty makes).

Other Supplies:
Inks: Spiced Chai StazOn Mini, Sepia Archival, Jet Black Archival, Walnut Stain Distress Ink
Papers: Authentique Latest & Greatest, BazzillBasicsPaper Ambrosia
Adhesives: Multi-Medium Matte, E-Z Runner® Grand Dispenser3D Foam Squares - Black, Small


Here's the full line-up of the blogs playing today:


I hope you've enjoyed today's post! Thank you for stopping by and for all your lovely comments. Have a fabulous weekend!

Big crafty hugs
Asia King Blog signature_small

Follow on Bloglovin
♥ Follow Me On Bloglovin'

17 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful! The background is exquisite and highlights the jeweled butterfly.

Jean said...

So pretty! Love all of the amazing details!

barbara macaskill said...

So pretty! I love that you used a spoon as the dragonflies body! Unique and fun!! TFS!

BethW said...

Absolutely stunning. Best butterfly I have ever seen-and you used a plastic spoon-brilliant. Thank you so much for this incredible inspiration.

JPScraps said...

This is Gorgeous! I absolutely LOVE the butterfly!!!!

Becca Yahrling said...

Wow, this is really stunning! I love how you transformed that spoon ... amazing and so out of the box.

sharon g said...

The stenciling is gorgeous. I love the 3D look, the colors, everything. This is my favorite project so far...

Mary Holshouser said...

What a wonderful body for
the butterfly. they are always
so pretty and it's good to add
more glamour to their body.
Beautiful piece.
I'd love to have this one.
thanks for sharing.

Gerrie Johnnic said...

This is really cool! Love how you did your background with the stencil and paints...but the spoon thing is really, really amazing........what a big change with all the fancy stuff all over it! Really love this!

Teresa Godines #6857 said...

Stunning project. I love your butterfly. Thanks for the inspiration

Helen Gullett said...

That is a beautiful amd fantastic mixed media art work! Wow!

Amy Martin said...

Wow!!! Your card is Gorgeous!! All the details are beautiful. Loving your butterfly, they are my favorite and you sire made it all look so elegant. Beautifully done.

Brenda Brown said...

Utterly gorgeous Joanna, a fabulous unique mixed media design. Have a great weekend xxx

Ros Crawford said...

Goodness me this is a pure delight! What a beautiful piece of art ... Well done to you Asia!

Jackie PN said...

WOW! This is just stunning! What a clever idea with that spoon!!
Jackie ")

Sabrina said...

OMG!!! they are both absolutely gorgeous!!!

Shirley said...

Delicately grungy - love this mix media!

.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... All content, except where stated (including text, photographs and designs), is copyright of Asia King (Creative Spell Designs). I share my artwork for personal inspiration only. I don’t mind if you copy any of my designs for your own personal use, providing you give me credit by referring to my blog. You may not however copy my designs and photographs for contests and publications entries (online or otherwise) or to sell in either handmade or printed form. You may not copy my designs and photographs for advertising & commercial purposes, without my prior permission. Thank you for your understanding.
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Craft Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory blog button flower Photobucket Crafty Blogs

Let's Tweet!

Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 Under a creative spell, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena