Wednesday 6 March 2013

My Dream Day



I am so glad you popped in today! It is quite a special day because not only I'm sharing a scrapbook page but it's a layout of my Dream Day - my Wedding Day that is! Yay! No special occasion, no anniversary - just the joy of sharing :).

I had so much fun making this scrapbook page - I should really play with layouts more often. But they can feel a bit 'intimidating' sometimes, can't they? So to all scrapbook pros out there - what are your best tips to get you started working on a page? Do you build your page around a photo you want to scrap? Or do you look for a suitable photograph once you have the design in mind? Or perhaps you start with a template/sketch first and just build your page to suit the layout? I found these quick tips for making a balanced page quite helpful.

The inspiration for this LO was the beautiful stamp as well as one of my favourite photos from my wedding day. Here's the photo itself - taken by one of my dear friends Przemyslaw Pietruszewski who was our photographer for the day :).


This page was another sample I made for the Create & Craft shows. The first time I set my eyes on this beautiful Cling Ruffled Corset stamp (UK peeps click here), I immediately knew I had to make a project with it to compliment this photo. And I am so glad I finally had the opportunity to do it :).


Here a few key details about this project but be sure to check out the full instructions on the Stampendous blog.

Here's the list of supplies I used.
Stampendous: Cling Ruffled Corset stamp (UK peeps click here), Shabby White Embossing Enamel (UK crafters click here), Champagne and Fresh Green glitters from the Glass Glitter kit.

Other:
White Opal Liquid Pearls, Viva Decor Transparent Croco, Inktense pencils (or alcohol markers), decorative card from leftover packaging (Prima flowers),  Beacon's 3 in 1 Advanced Craft Glue, Lettuce Colour Wash, Gold Cosmic Shimmer Mist, selection of lace, ribbons and fabric flowers, burlap.


Oh I just love the lace up detail on this stamp - and it's such a gorgeous feminine design!

The flower cluster in the photo below is made from the fabric blooms and moulded enamel flowers (you can watch my moulded flowers tutorial here).



Would you like some more fabulous inspiration? Check out what my lovely Stampendous BlogStar teammies have been up to recently:

Rhea's Botanical Blooms - with a stunning grid-like card and a tutorial for a dry colour washing using Distress Inks.


Tobi's Life is Art canvas - an absolutely stunning and beautifully textured mixed media piece.


Rhea's Violets - gorgeous card with a great water colouring technique using Copics.


Tobi's Warmest wishes - featuring a very Happy Couple and fab airbrush technique.


I hope you enjoyed sharing my Dream Day with me! What would be/has been your dream day? Let me know in the comment below :).

Thanks for popping in! Have a fabulous week!

Big hugs 




Challenges for this project:
Countryview Crafts Challenges #1 - Pick & Mix (Anything goes)
Simon Says Challenge - A bit O'Green
Simon Says Stamp and Show - By the numbers (trios of elements)
Sugar Creek Hollow #51 - Lovely Lace
Vintage Stamping Challenges #6 - Spring is in the air
Pan Pastel UK challenge #9 - Alter it (altered letters)
Flying Unicorn March - Lace it up

27 comments:

Brenda Brown said...

A fabulous layout Joanna, just love the colours and your wonderful photo. Thanks for linking this to Country View Challenges this month.
hugs {brenda} x0x

Cindy Gay said...

Oh wow! Love that photo and beautiful layout!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A wonderful LO with beautiful layers. Thanks for joining us at Flonz Craft Vintage Stamping Challenge.

Ewelina said...

I know it have to be a wedding! I have to say your layout is stunning! I can't wait for more! Georges photo - your friend is very talented to.
hugs xxx

Unknown said...

Asiu, zjawiskowy layout. Jestem pod jego ogromnym wrażeniem. :*

Netty said...

wow your page and LO is stunning, so full of frills and froth, perfect.
Annette x

http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

Words and Pictures said...

What a fabulous layout... you're right about that stamp being the perfect match for the wonderful photo! And I love the pretty, fresh, delicate greens, shabby borders, and the beautiful beading... wow!
Alison x

Ros Crawford said...

What amazing work ... you page is stunning ... Great photo too

Rhea Weigand said...

absolutely beautiful! Stunning!!! Amazing!!!!!

Unknown said...

WOW! What an amazing page my friend. It truly is gorgeous. Way back in the day when I scrapped. I always love to have inspiration. Like a sketch. After 5 scrapbooks full, I switched to cards and have only done a couple of mini albums since then. But I know one thing for sure. My pages never looked this pretty.

Hugs~

Anonymous said...

A really stunning creation Joanna! Every element is beautiful. Thanks for sharing with us at Sugar Creek Hollow Lovely Lace Challenge this week.
Amelia (DT Sugar Creek Hollow)

Joanna Wiśniewska said...

Piękne LO Asia, cudnie odbiłaś ten stempelek, napatrzeć się nie mogę jaki delikatny jest.

Paper Profusion said...

Gorgeous crafting Joanna. Love the fresh hues and wonderful sparkle. The ribbon criss-cross mirroring your very beautiful dress looks fabulous. Nicola x

lainey said...

that is a fabulous page Joanna!!! lainey x

Terry said...

Wowzersssss Joanna, what a fabulous project you have made, love the fabulous stamps and the colours you have used, thank you for sharing with the DT from PanPastel UK hugs terry xxxx

junemac2 said...

Asia thats stunning, truly gorgeous and what fab colour
hugs June xxx

Brenda Brown said...

Hi Joanna. Just popping back to sat thanks for linking your fabulous piece to PanPastel UK this week. Enjoy the weekend.
hugs {brenda} x0x

Claire said...

Beautiful layout Joanna, that stamp looks like it was made to go with that gorgeous pic! As always your project has so many lovely details, its a real stunner! thanks for joining us at PanPastel UK this week
Claire xx

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Absolutely gorgeous layout, loving all the details and textures and your altered letters look fab. Thank you for joining in with the PanPastel challenge blog
Lindsay xx

Colette said...

Hi Joanna,

Stunning layout and the photo looks really good in black and white against the subtle colours of the papers. Just beautiful my dear!

Colette xxx

Lynn Stevens said...

What a Gorgeous page... and Love that photo. A Wonderful way to cherish that special day.
Hugs Lynn

Janny Jager said...

Very very beautiful Joanna
Great picture you used.
Greetings Janny

debby4000 said...

What a wonderful and beautiful layout.

Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp challenge.

luv
Debby

Alexa said...

Lovely layout - I particularly like the combination of the black & white photos against the single colour layout - looks excellent.

Gabrielle said...

Oh gosh! This is lovely! What a wonderful photo with so many memories too! Your LO is just perfect! Thank you so much for joining in with the inaugural Country View Challenge! x

Unknown said...

Wow, a stunning piece of art for a scrapbook page, beautiful. A worthy entry for our first challenge at Country View Challenges. Thanks. Chris xxx

Laurart said...

This is so amazing! And very inspiring! I should do my own wedding album soon! Got married in August and still haven't printed up photos for the album - I'll do it one day ;o) Lots of love from Laura xxxxx

.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... All content, except where stated (including text, photographs and designs), is copyright of Asia King (Creative Spell Designs). I share my artwork for personal inspiration only. I don’t mind if you copy any of my designs for your own personal use, providing you give me credit by referring to my blog. You may not however copy my designs and photographs for contests and publications entries (online or otherwise) or to sell in either handmade or printed form. You may not copy my designs and photographs for advertising & commercial purposes, without my prior permission. Thank you for your understanding.
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Craft Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory blog button flower Photobucket Crafty Blogs

Let's Tweet!

Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 Under a creative spell, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena